Sunday, October 13, 2019

Sunday, October 13 Sunday of lay ministry ONE COMMUNITY, MANY MINISTRIES LUKE 17: 11-19


Sunday, October 13
Sunday of lay ministry

ONE COMMUNITY, MANY MINISTRIES
LuKE 17: 11-19

One of them, when he saw that he was healed,
 came back and praised God in a loud voice. (NIV)
Luke 17:15

At various times I’ve asked myself if I feel the vocation and call to pastoral ministry. I believe this concern is related to my life of dedication and service to the church which has offered me a horizon of meaning and participation.    
Although the necessity of theological improvement, of knowing and deepening my understanding of the teachings of the Bible, of our norms of faith and conduct as the reformed church has helped me a great deal in my life both within and without the church, I can’t imagine having the responsibility of regularly preparing sermons and Bible studies for a community.
However, I can’t conceive of my daily spaces without participating in the music ministry, of educational programs for girls, boys, and young people, without being aware of how I can contribute to each dream and  need of my faith community.
Could it be that my questioning about my pastoral vocation has to do with an inherited learning in which pastors must know how to do everything right? Although we believe in the universal priesthood of all believers, in our imagination the work of the presbyter pastor continues to be the most important. The most recognized, that requires a call, a special vocation. Without pretending that it is not, I believe that as a church we must also recognize that God’s people respond in multiple ways to the call we receive from Him, and to his many blessings. We must bear witness to praise and service with our abilities, whatever they may be.
Prayer: To you, our God, we give thanks for the diversity of calls, of talents that you have placed in each person. Allow us to serve you by giving our lives, by putting our small daily efforts at the disposal of the community, of your possible kingdom among us. Amen.
Translated by John Walter 



Domingo del Ministerio Laico

Una comunidad, muchos ministerios
Lucas 17: 11-19

mientras iban quedaron sanos. Uno de ellos al verse sano,
volvió de inmediato alabando a Dios en alta voz
Lucas 17:15
Varias veces me he preguntado si siento la vocación y el llamado al ministerio pastoral. Creo que esta preocupación está relacionada con mi vida de entrega y de servicio a la iglesia, que me ha ofrecido un horizonte de sentido y participación. Aunque la necesidad de superación teológica, de conocer y profundizar más en las enseñanzas de la Biblia, de nuestras normas de fe y conducta como iglesia reformada, me ha ayudado mucho en mi vida dentro y fuera de la iglesia, no me imagino teniendo la responsabilidad de preparar sermones y estudios bíblicos con regularidad para una comunidad.
Sin embargo, no puedo concebir mis espacios cotidianos sin participar del Ministerio de la música, de los programas educativos para niñas, niños y jóvenes, sin estar pendiente de cómo puedo contribuir a cada sueño, necesidad de mi comunidad de fe.
¿Será que mi cuestionamiento sobre mi vocación pastoral tiene que ver con un aprendizaje heredado en el que los pastores deben saber hacerlo todo bien? Aunque creemos en el sacerdocio universal de todos los creyentes, continúa siendo, en nuestro imaginario, el trabajo del presbítero pastor el más importante, el más reconocido, el que requiere un llamado, una vocación especial. Sin pretender que no lo sea, creo que como iglesia debemos también reconocer que el pueblo de Dios responde de múltiples maneras al llamado que de Él recibimos y a sus muchas bendiciones. Debemos dar testimonio de alabanza y servicio con nuestras capacidades, cualesquiera que sean.
Oración: A ti, Dios nuestro, te agradecemos por la diversidad de llamados, de dones que has puesto en cada persona. Permite que podamos servirte entregando nuestras vidas, poniendo nuestros pequeños esfuerzos cotidianos en función de la comunidad, de tu Reino posible en medio nuestro. Amén. 


No comments:

Post a Comment