Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Tuesday, October 8 Celebration of the Mission Church at Camagüey YOU DO NOT FORSAKE ME LUKE 10:38-42


Tuesday, October 8
Celebration of the Mission Church at Camagüey

YOU DO NOT FORSAKE ME
LUKE 10:38-42
“Martha, Martha, you are worried and distracted by many things . . .”
Luke 10: 41 (NRSV)
            Several years ago, I found myself in a woeful financial situation which forced me to search for work that I found in the kitchen of a sugar cane brigade where I earned a good salary. Besides that, I made many friends, and, of course, my economic situation was much improved.
            I met my husband there after many years of being divorced.  However, after a few months I was down in spirits with no encouragement, and I realized that I hadn’t been to church in a long while because my new work consumed all my time. To top it all off, one day I had a dream where a voice told me to work for Him, and I interpreted that as being the voice of the Lord.
            So it was that, very determined and without exaggerating, I left the work and dedicated myself to selling things from my own house, without affecting my activity in the church. In 2017 my husband died. It was a profound pain and once again I doubted my economic well-being. Thanks to God I could collect the widow’s pension and continue with my small sales, and to this day I have not lacked for any necessity in life.

Prayer: O God, my God, may we always have faith in you, because you never forsake us. Amen.


Translated by John Potter



Celebración de la ID de Camagüey

TÚ NO ME DESAMPARAS
LUCAS 10:38-42

Marta, Marta, afanada y turbada estás con muchas cosas
Lucas 10 :41

Hace unos años me encontraba en pésima situación económica, lo que me obligó a buscar trabajo, el cual conseguí en la cocina de una brigada cañera, allí ganaba un buen salario, además que hice muchas amistades y por supuesto mi economía mejoró mucho.

Allí conocí a mi esposo, luego de muchos años divorciada; sin embargo, al cabo de unos meses estaba decaída, sin ánimos para nada; y me percaté que llevaba un tiempo sin congregarme porque el nuevo trabajo consumía todo mi tiempo; para colmo un día sueño que una voz me decía que trabajara para Él, y yo lo interpreté como la voz de Señor.

Así fue que muy decidida, y sin ánimos de exagerar, dejé el trabajo y me dediqué a hacer algunas ventas en mi propia casa, sin afectar las actividades de la iglesia. En el año 2017 mi esposo falleció y fue un dolor inmenso y una vez más me asaltó la duda sobre mi bienestar económico. Gracias a Dios se me permitió cobrar la pensión por viudez y continué con mis pequeñas ventas y hasta el día de hoy no me ha faltado lo necesario para vivir.

Oración: Dios mío, que confiemos en ti en todo tiempo, porque tú nunca nos desamparas. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment