Sunday, May 24, 2020

GOD IS FAITHFUL, Psalm 4:4


Sunday, May 24
GOD IS FAITHFUL
Psalm 4:4
“If we are disloyal, he stays faithful….”

2 Timothy 2:13ª (CEB)

            I had the opportunity to cry out to the Lord for the first time at the death of my father, and despite seeing God’s answer to my prayer, I did not give my life to Him immediately.  

            The next week my mother was diagnosed with an oral cancer, and a great pain filled my heart, which had not yet recovered from the loss I suffered.  On the day of the scheduled operation to remove the affected areas, I awoke before dawn hearing a voice inside me that told me not to take her in for this surgery and instead to look for help at the Oncology Hospital.  I didn’t pay attention, and although amazed, I went back to sleep and I awoke again later with this idea fixed in my mind.  So, I got up, called my mother, and told her what had happened to me.  In the end, we did not go in for the operation. I did what my heart told me to do.  To my joy, my mother did not end up needing this surgery and was healed by the medical treatment that they gave to her. 
            Today I confess to you, that even not on this occasion did I give my life to Christ, but nevertheless, I feel that He remained faithful and continues to call me every day to follow His footsteps. 

Prayer: Lord, thank you for your faithfulness.  I pray for those who have not yet heard your sweet and loving voice when you speak to them.  In Christ Jesus, our Lord, Amen. 

Translation by Deborah McEachran


Mayo 24,  domingo
DIOS ES FIEL
Salmo 4:4

“Si fuéramos infieles, Él permanece fiel”

2 Timoteo 2:13

            Tuve la oportunidad de clamar al Señor por vez primera en la muerte de mi padre, y a pesar de ver su respuesta a mi oración no entregué mi vida a Él de inmediato.

            A la semana siguiente a mi madre la diagnosticaron un cáncer bucal, un dolor inmenso colmó mi corazón que aún no se había recuperado de la pérdida sufrida. El día que se programó la operación para quitar las zonas afectadas, desperté en la madrugada escuchando una voz interior que me decía que no la llevara a esa operación y buscara ayuda en el Hospital de Oncología. No hice caso y aunque asombrada, volví a quedarme dormida y una vez más me desperté con esa idea fija en mi mente. Entonces me levanté, llamé a mi madre y le conté lo que me había sucedido. Al final, no fuimos a la operación, hice lo que me indicó mi corazón. Para mi sorpresa, mi madre finalmente no necesitaba de esa cirugía y fue sanada con un tratamiento médico que le pusieron.

            Hoy les confieso, que tampoco en esa ocasión entregué mi vida a Cristo, sin embargo siento que Él permaneció fiel y llamándome cada día a seguir sus pisadas.

Oración: Señor gracias por tu fidelidad. Te ruego por los que aún no escuchan tu voz dulce y amorosa cuando les hablan. En Cristo Jesús nuestro Señor. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment