Tuesday, May 23, 2023

MAY 23

TODAY WE ARE INVITED

Matthew  8:23-27

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last –and so that whatever you ask in  my name the Father will give you.

John 15:16 (NIV)

Almost all of us at some point, feel that God is telling us, “Go somewhere,” and in the midst of fulfilling his will, obstacles appear in the road that makes us doubt. Suddenly we start to question if it was really God who called and fear comes. When we begin to doubt, our faith suddenly wanes, and often we  end up abandoning that task to which we were called. So we cry out and ask: Where is God?

Let’s change the question for this other one: Where are you? Who put you in the boat? Who told you to come? With all certainty I tell you: it was Jesus who called you and he is the one who answers for you.

The winds are only there to divert us, to confuse us. Let us look at him with security, and we will be able to walk on the waters. We must not fear. He is there to strengthen us when we  think we will sink.

 God tells us today, “Get out of the boat your your place of comfort and give me your hand.”

 

Prayer: Thank you my God because I am sure that you are by my side. Your strength accompanies me when I feel weak. You make me remember that there is no situation I cannot overcome. Thank you for giving me the chance to meet you through prayer. Amen

 

Translation by Pat Metcalf

MAYO 23

HOY NOS CONVIDA

Mateo 8:23-27

No me escogieron ustedes a mí, sino que yo los escogí a ustedes, y los comisioné para que vayan y den fruto, un fruto que perdure. Así el Padre les dará todo lo que le pidan en mi nombre

Juan 15:16

“A casi todos en alguna ocasión sentimos que Dios nos dice: Avanza hacia algún lugar; y en medio de estar cumpliendo su voluntad, aparecen obstáculos en el camino que nos hacen dudar. De repente comienzas a cuestionarte si realmente fue Dios quien llamó, y viene el temor. Al comenzar a dudar evidentemente nuestra fe mengua, y muchas veces terminamos abandonando esa tarea a la cual fuimos llamados. Entonces clamamos y preguntamos: ¿Dónde está Dios?

Cambiemos la pregunta, por esta otra: ¿Dónde estás tú? ¿Quién te metió en la barca? ¿Quién te dijo: Ven? Con toda seguridad te digo: fue Jesús quien te llamó y es quien responde por ti.

Los vientos solo están para entretenernos, para desenfocarnos. Mirémoslo a El, con seguridad, y podremos caminar sobre las aguas. No debemos temer. Él está ahí para fortalecernos cuando creemos que nos hundiremos.

Dios nos dice hoy: Sal de tu barca, de tu lugar de confort, y dame tu mano”

 

Oración: Gracias Dios mío, porque tengo la certeza de que estás a mi lado, tu fuerza me acompaña cuando me siento débil. Tú me haces recordar que no hay situación que no pueda vencer. Gracias por darme la posibilidad de encontrarme contigo a través de la oración. Amén

No comments:

Post a Comment