Friday, September 29, 2017

Friday, September 29 WAKE UP! GOD IS WITH YOU 1 Samuel 10


Friday, September 29
WAKE UP!
GOD IS WITH YOU

1 SAMUEL 10

Once these signs are fulfilled, do whatever
your hand finds to do, for God is with you. (NIV)                                                                          
1 Samuel 10:7

It was probably 11:00 p.m. when I was comfortably in bed and had finally gotten to sleep when I heard a ringing sound: the telephone or the alarm (I was not sure which) woke me from my comfort. A faint, nagging voice woke me up. Someone was calling to me with a desperate situation: life or death.

This person was trying to stop me from entering her house. Her 11-year-old son, who didn’t know what was happening, let me in. I immediately got my husband and another neighbor to take her to the doctor. God worked things out to prevent worse problems.

I always wonder: what would have happened if I had stayed in my bed asleep? How often are we faced with situations when we could help and don’t open the door to do it? God uses each of his sons and daughters and teaches us that He is always with us. We are an instrument to help each person in need; we must recognize the signs that He gives us and always be ready to respond to them. Only He knows in given circumstances on which door to knock and what we should do. God uses us to reach the most stricken and needy people.


Prayer: Oh God, help us to be instruments to help others. Teach us to serve You every day. Amen.

Translation by George Meek

¡LEVÁNTATE!
DIOS ESTÁ CONTIGO

1 SAMUEL 10

Cuando te hayan sucedido estas señales, haz lo que te viniere
a la mano, Porque Dios está contigo                                                                                                                                                    
1 Samuel 10:7

Serían las 11:00pm cuando me encontraba muy cómoda en mi cama y había logrado conciliar el sueño, la duda de un timbre: el teléfono o el despertador (no definía bien) me sacaron de mi comodidad. Una voz queja y tenue me levantó. Alguien me llamaba en una situación desesperada: de vida o muerte.

Esta persona estaba haciendo resistencia para impedir que entrara en su casa. Su niño de solo 11 años y que desconocía el asunto me permitió intervenir, logré al instante que mi esposo con otra vecina la llevaran al médico. Dios nos facilitó las cosas para poder impedir males mayores.

Siempre me pregunto ¿Si yo me hubiera quedado en la comodidad de mi cama y de mi sueño, ¿qué hubiera sucedido? Cuántas veces tenemos delante de nosotros situaciones en las que podemos ayudar y no abrimos la puerta para hacerlo. Dios usa a cada uno de sus hijos e hijas y nos enseña que siempre está con nosotros. Somos instrumento para llegar a cada persona necesitada, debemos conocer cuáles son las señales que nos da y debemos estar prestos siempre a recibir estas señales. Solo Él conoce en determinadas circunstancias a qué puerta nos dirige y qué nos toca hacer. Dios nos usa para llegar a los más afligidos y necesitados.


Oración: Oh Dios, llévanos a ser instrumentos para ayudar a otros. Enséñanos a servirte cada día. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment