Saturday, November 16, 2019

Saturday, November 16 PRAYER AND FAITH LUKE 18: 1-8


Saturday, November 16
PRAYER AND FAITH
LUKE  18: 1-8

I tell you, I will see that they get justice, and quickly.
But when the Son of Man comes will he find faith on the earth? (NIV)
                                                                                    
 Luke 19: 8

Some time ago I found myself with a person who had been a leader of my church but had disappeared as if by magic.  After a cordial greeting, I asked him about his life. He quickly told me that he abandoned the church because he found no faith in it.

That confession made me reflect. I thought, “How many times have I had that thought? Why does faith decline at times? Faith is a gift of God, but although it may seem contradictory, it doesn’t fall from the sky. As we Cubans say. “One needs to fight for it.” In this commitment the best method is prayer. Like the widow in the parable, I always pray without faltering, to insist on reaching my objective.  

Faith is like a train we board with perseverance and humility. Only in this way will we be able to respond to the question “When the Son of Man comes will he find faith on the earth?” Yes, here we are Lord, doing the tasks you’ve given us.

Prayer: Lord, don’t let me wane in my prayers. Give me the opportunity to listen to you and praise you through it, so my faith is strengthened. Amen.  

Translation by John Walter



ORACION Y FE
LUCAS  18: 1-8

Os digo que pronto les hará justicia para cuando venga el Hijo del Hombre, ¿hallará fe en la tierra? 
                                                                                    
 Lucas 19: 8

Hace algún tiempo me encontré con una persona que había sido líder de mi iglesia, pero había desaparecido como por arte de magia. Después de un cordial saludo, le pregunté por su vida. Rápidamente me dijo que abandonó la iglesia porque en ella no encontraba fe.

Aquella confesión me hizo reflexionar. Pensé: ¿cuántas veces he tenido ese pensamiento? ¿Por qué en ocasiones la fe decae? La fe es un regalo de Dios, pero, aunque parezca contradictorio, no cae del cielo. Como decimos los cubanos “hay que lucharla”. En este empeño el mejor método es la oración. Orar siempre, sin desmayar; como la viuda de la parábola, insistir en alcanzar mi propósito.

La fe es como un tren que abordamos con perseverancia y humildad. Sólo así podremos responder a la pregunta: cuando venga el Hijo del hombre ¿hallará fe en la tierra?: Sí, Señor, aquí estamos con fe, haciendo la tarea que nos encomendaste.


Oración: Señor, no me permitas desmayar en mis oraciones. Dame la oportunidad de escucharte y adorarte a través de ella para que mi fe se fortalezca. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment