Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Thursday, January 7 THE FLOCK PSALM 23



Thursday, January 7
THE FLOCK
PSALM 23
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
Psalm 23:1 (NRSV)

            I have in my sight the picture of an immense flock of sheep going up a long road. In the distance, at the top, you can see the silhouette of the shepherd walking ahead. Far behind, far away from the others, you can see a tired or lost sheep. 

            I always think that I am that sheep, and I look at the figure of the shepherd who is at a great distance. Then I imagine that he stops and goes back to retrieve me, comfort me, put me on his shoulders and take me back to the flock.  This image is a help for all those who suffer, for those who have gone astray in sin or are discouraged because they always fall back into the same errors.  If this happens to you, think of that flock of Christians who have such difficulty in moving forward on the path of the Lord. God knows each one of us.  The Shepherd towards whom we advance so slowly will come down to seek us as often as necessary, in order to restore us to the flock and bring us to the end of the road, behind him. 

            But it is necessary to call Him and ask Him: do not think that He does not listen to you, or that He is too far away.  The Lord always hears and will meet you in good time, if you call him from your heart. It is not good to be alone, like a lost sheep.


Prayer: I am that sheep, Lord, who begs you to take me on your shoulders and lead me back to the fold where I belong. Do not forsake me.


Translation by John Potter


Enero 7, Martes
EL REBAÑO
SALMO 23
El Señor es mi pastor; nada me faltará
Salmo 23:1
Tengo bajo mi vista la foto de un inmenso rebaño de ovejas que sube por un largo camino. A lo lejos, en la cumbre, se percibe la silueta del pastor que camina adelante. Completamente atrás, muy alejada de las demás, se ve una oveja cansada o extraviada.
Siempre pienso que esa oveja soy yo, y miro la figura del pastor que se halla a gran distancia. Entonces imagino que se detiene y vuelve atrás para recuperarme, confortarme, ponerme sobre sus hombros y llevarme de nuevo junto al rebaño. Esta imagen es un socorro para todos los que sufren, para los que se han extraviado en el pecado o están desalentados porque siempre vuelven a caer en las mismas faltas. Si esto le sucede, piense en ese rebaño de cristianos que tienen tanta dificultad para seguir adelante en el camino hasta el Señor. Dios conoce a cada uno. El Pastor hacia el cual se sube tan despacio bajará para buscarle tantas veces como sea necesario, con el objetivo de restituirle al rebaño y hacerle llegar al fin del camino, detrás de Él.
Pero es necesario llamarle y pedírselo: no piense que Él no le escucha, o que está demasiado lejos. El Señor siempre oye e irá a su encuentro a tiempo, si de corazón se le llama. No es bueno estar solo, cual oveja descarriada.
Oración: Soy esa oveja Señor, que implora que me cargues en tus hombros y me lleves de vuelta al rebaño, allí donde pertenezco. No me abandones. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment