Wednesday, February 10, 2021

 

Wednesday, February 10

IN THE BATTLE

Isaiah 40:29-31

For the Lord your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against  your enemies to give you victory. (NIV)

Deuteronomy 20:4

            I’m weary. It seems to me as though I’ve been fighting, and I keep hoping that the bell may ring so that the fight may be finished. But the bell doesn’t ring. So then I see I’m thinking wrongly when I have to call upon my own strength, as if it depended only on me. I realize I don’t need more strength. I need strength from God.  

            God is eternal. He doesn’t sleep or need rest. He doesn’t take a siesta or take vacations. He doesn’t need to recuperate his strength. He is full of life and disposed to give it to me when I need it. He gives strength to the weary. I’m one of those. God gives me the strength and tolerance I need to win the race. So, in him I hope; because when I hope in him my strength is renewed. My batteries, once in the red, are now all green. My tank from empty to overflowing, and you also give me reserves.  

            I will fight the good fight of faith, but not alone. God is with me. The battle is between the two and the victory is mine.

 

Prayer: Thank you Lord for you are fill of life and ready to give it to me when I most need it. Amen.

 

Translation by John Walter

 

Febrero 10, miércoles

EN LA PELEA

Isaias 40:29-31

Porque el Señor tu Dios está contigo; él peleará en favor tuyo y te dará la victoria sobre tus enemigos

Deuteronomio 20:4

            Estoy cansada. Me parece que he estado peleando, y que sigo esperando a que la campana me diga que la pelea ha terminado. Pero la campana no suena. Entonces veo que estoy pensando erróneamente cuando creo que tengo que producir mi propia fuerza, como si dependiera solamente de mí. Me doy cuenta de que  no necesito tener más fuerzas: ¡Necesito al Dios de la fortaleza!

            Dios es eterno. Él no duerme, ni  necesita descanso. No duerme la siesta, no coge vacaciones. Él no necesita reponer fuerzas: está lleno de vida y dispuesto a dármela cuando la necesito. Él da fuerzas al cansado. Yo soy una de esas. Dios me da la fuerza y el aguante que necesito para ganar la carrera. Así que en Él espero. Porque cuando espero en Él se renuevan mis fuerzas. Paso de tener mis baterías en rojo para tenerlas en verde. Mi tanque pasa de estar vacío a estar lleno y rebosante. Y también me das reservas.

            Pelearé la buena batalla de la fe, pero no lo haré sola: Dios está conmigo. La batalla es de los dos y la victoria es mía.

 

Oración: Gracias Señor, porque tú estás lleno de vida y listo para dáármela cuando la necesito. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment