Saturday, February 27, 2021

 

 

February 27, Saturday

INNER PEACE

Proverbs 18

The words of a person’s mouth are deep waters, a bubbling stream, a fountain of wisdom.

Proverbs 18:4 (CEB)

            If I could really feel the effects of my thoughts in my body I would be in the shadows.  I would feel how the peaceful and serene thoughts relax my blood vessels so that all of my body is nourished with the fluid of life and removes all toxins.

            If I really could feel how the words that I speak physically affect me, I would feel an energy stimulating, caressing all of my body’s cells.  How can I think serenely and peacefully when I am in a crisis?  How can I speak calmly when I am under pressure?  I can do it trusting in the Spirit of God in me, which can be the fountain of peace for my thoughts and my words.  Each peaceful thought and word blesses me.  Let us remember another text that assures us that the abundance of the heart makes the mouth speak.  Let us fill ourselves with noble thoughts and ideas, and let us not harbor resentments, hatreds or jealousies.

 

Prayer: Lord, allow my peaceful thoughts and my serene words to bless my body.  Amen.

 

Translation by Deborah McEachran

 

 

Febrero 27,  sábado

PAZ INTERIOR

Proverbios 18

Aguas profundas son las palabras de la boca del hombre

Proverbios 18:4

            Si realmente pudiera sentir los efectos de mis pensamientos en mi cuerpo, probablemente me asombraría. Sentiría que los pensamientos apacibles y serenos relejan mis vasos sanguíneos para que todo mi cuerpo se nutra con el fluido de la vida y elimine toda toxina.

            Si realmente pudiera sentir cómo las palabras que hablo me afectan físicamente, podría sentir que una energía estimulante acaricia todas las células de mi cuerpo. ¿Cómo puedo pensar serena y apaciblemente cuando estoy en una crisis? ¿Cómo puedo hablar calmadamente cuando estoy bajo presión? Puedo hacerlo confiando en el Espíritu de Dios en mí, para que sea la fuente de paz de mis pensamientos y palabras. Cada pensamiento y palabra apacible me bendicen. Recordemos otro texto que nos asegura que de la abundancia del corazón habla la boca. Llenémonos de pensamientos e ideas nobles, y no alberguemos resentimientos, odios o envidias.

 

Oración: Señor, permite que mis pensamientos apacibles y mis palabras serenas bendigan mi cuerpo. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment