Saturday, May 19, 2018

Saturday, May 19 A PRAYER Luke 11:9-13


Saturday, May 19
A PRAYER
LUKE 11:9-13
…how much more will the heavenly Father give
the Holy Spirit to those who ask him?

Luke 11:13b (CEB)

Lord, you have said in your Word that those who believe in you will have rivers of living water running within them.

I believe in you and I desire that your living water flow in me and through me today and every day, in such a way that the Holy Spirit completely fills my being.

I recognize that I don’t always pray in the form I need to, nor with the frequency that I desire.  Because of this, today I invite you, Holy Spirit, to pray through me.  Help me in my weakness, teach me, guide me and strengthen me in the communion with the only true God who reigns in my life.

I put all my expectations in you, Lord, and I repent of the times when I looked to other people or other things to meet my needs when I should have looked to you, for you are the only one who can fill my emptiness because you are all that I need.

Help me, Loving Father, to remember that I should not live relying on my strength but on the power of the Holy Spirit who dwells in me. Forgive me for the times I forgot this and allow me to grow in the things of your Kingdom, so I can be continually transformed in your paths and so I will act as you desire, fully productive and collaborating, moving toward your plan for my life.  Amen. 

Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank you for your promises, and thank you for the security I have in you.  Amen.   

Translation by Deborah McEachran 

Oración
LUCAS 11:9-1

…¡cuánto más el Padre celestial dará el Espíritu Santo
a quienes se lo pidan!
Lucas 11:13b
Señor, tú has dicho en tu Palabra que el que crea en ti, de su interior correrán ríos de agua viva. Yo creo en ti y deseo que tu agua viva fluya en mí y a través de mí hoy y cada día, de tal manera que tu Espíritu Santo llene completamente todo mi ser.

Reconozco que no siempre oro de la forma que necesito, ni con la frecuencia que deseo, por eso hoy te invito, Espíritu Santo, a que ores a través de mí. Ayúdame en mi debilidad, enséñame, guíame y fortaléceme en la comunión con el Dios único y verdadero que reina en mi vida.

Deposito todas mis expectativas en ti Señor y me arrepiento de las veces en que esperé que otras personas u otras cosas complacieran mis necesidades cuando debería haber mirado a ti, pues eres tú el único que puedes llenar mis vacíos porque eres todo lo que necesito.

Ayúdame Padre amado, a recordar que no debo vivir según mis fuerzas sino por el poder del Espíritu Santo que mora en mí. Perdóname las veces que me olvidé de esto y permíteme crecer en las cosas de tu Reino, de modo que me transforme continuamente en tus caminos y actúe como es tu deseo, de una manera total, productiva y colaboradora, que se mueve hacia delante en tu propósito para mi vida. Amén.

Oración: Señor Jesús, gracias por todas tus promesas, gracias por la seguridad que tengo en ti. Amén.     

No comments:

Post a Comment