Sunday, May 13, 2018

Sunday, May 13 Mother’s Day THE LOVE OF THE GOD OF FAMILY 1 CORINTHIANS 13: 4-7


Sunday, May 13
Mother’s Day

THE LOVE OF THE GOD OF FAMILY
1 CORINTHIANS 13: 4-7

Love is patient, love is kind
. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud… (NIV)

1 Corinthians 13: 4

Upon getting up each day I give thanks to God for the family I have, my husband, my children, are treasures that God has gifted me. With them I learn each day, I live the necessary routines; with them life makes sense.

But on occasion I feel that I concentrate more on each day’s tasks, in which everything is ready and in order, than on spending quality time with my loved ones. That is exactly when I need to allow the love of the God of the family to overflow my heart, my home.

This is the type of love described to us in today’s biblical text: it’s a love that aims at justice and truth, a suffering love, and at the same time a hoping, patient and humble love.

Today. as we’re celebrating Mother’s Day, let’s be thankful for our mothers, our sons and daughters, our nephews and nieces, and grandchildren, and let’s ask for wisdom from God to continue solid homes where joy, responsibility, good humor, respect and happiness walk; but above all, the love of the God of family.

Prayer:  Thank you, God of family, for our loved ones. We recognize that you’ve richly blessed us with our family. We ask for wisdom to live together every day and build our homes on your love. Amen. 

Translation by John Walter


Día de las madres

EL AMOR DEL DIOS FAMILIA
1 CORINTIOS 13: 4-7
El amor es sufrido, es benigno; el amor no tiene envidia,
el amor no es jactancioso, no se envanece ...
1 Corintios 13: 4
Al levantarme cada día, doy gracias a Dios por la familia que tengo, mi esposo, mis hijos, son tesoros que Dios me ha regalado. Con ellos aprendo cada día, vivo las rutinas necesarias, con ellos la vida cobra sentido.

Pero en ocasiones siento que me concentro más en las tareas de cada día, en que todo esté listo y ordenado, que en pasar tiempo de calidad con mis seres queridos. Es preciso entonces dejar que el amor del Dios familia inunde mi corazón, mi hogar.

Es éste el tipo de amor que nos describe en el texto bíblico de hoy: es un amor que procura la justicia y la verdad, un amor que es sufrido y al mismo tiempo esperanzado, un amor paciente y humilde.
Hoy, cuando celebramos el día de las madres, vivamos agradecidas por nuestras madres, nuestros hijos, sobrinos, nietos, y pidamos sabiduría a Dios para seguir construyendo hogares sólidos donde aniden la alegría, la responsabilidad, el buen humor, el respeto y la fidelidad, pero sobre todo el amor del Dios familia.

Oración: Gracias Dios familia, por nuestros seres queridos.  Reconocemos que tú nos has bendecido ricamente con nuestra familia. Te pedimos sabiduría para convivir cada día y edificar nuestros hogares en tu amor. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment