Thursday, April 2, 2020

Thursday, April 2 GOD SEES OUR HEART ECCLESIASTES 2:20-26


Thursday, April 2 
GOD SEES OUR HEART
ECCLESIASTES 2:20-26

For to the one who pleases him God gives wisdom and knowledge and joy

Ecclesiastes  2: 26a (NRSV)

            At age 15, I abandoned my studies and got married. I dedicated my whole life to raising my daughters and taking care of my home. I never tried to excel intellectually. Until I was 47 years old when I gave my life to the Lord, I never read a book. Today I can say with pride that my first complete reading was in the book of books, The Word of God, the Bible.

            It is ten years now that I have been a member of his Church, and in it have served as Sunday School teacher, leader of a prayer group for the older people and of a prayer group in my home for nine years. All this is thanks to God who reminds me every day of the text that I propose for our meditation today. God calls us and equips us to serve regardless of our cultural background.

            I also want to thank Su Voz, this periodical which has allowed me to bring my personal experiences to so many brothers and sisters throughout our country, publishing various meditations and urging us to hear God’s call to serve him.


Prayer: Loving Father, thank you that you are not a respecter of persons, but solely see the heart that is disposed to serve. Amen.


Translation by John Potter


Abril 2, jueves 
DIOS VE NUESTRO CORAZÓN
ECLESIASTÉS 2:20-26

porque al hombre que le agrada,
Dios le da sabiduría, ciencia y gozo...

Eclesiastés  2: 26a.

            A los 15 años de edad abandoné mis estudios y me casé. Dediqué toda mi vida a criar a mis hijas y atender mi hogar. Nunca más traté de superarme intelectualmente.

            Hasta los 47 años que entregué mi vida al Señor, jamás me leí un libro. Hoy puedo decir con orgullo que mi primera lectura completa fue en el libro de libros, La Palabra de Dios, la Biblia.

            Hace diez años ya que soy miembro de su iglesia y en ella he servido como maestra de la Escuela Dominical, líder de oración de la tercera edad y de una célula en mi hogar por nueve años. Todo esto gracias a nuestro Dios que me hace recordar cada día el texto que les propongo para meditar hoy. Él nos llama y capacita para servirle sin importar nuestro nivel cultural.

            Quiero agradecer también a “Su Voz”, esta revista, que me ha permitido llevar mis vivencias personales a tantos hermanos y hermanas a lo largo de nuestro país, publicando algunas meditaciones y exhortándoles a escuchar el llamado de Dios a servirle.

Oración: Gracias Padre amoroso, que no haces acepción de personas, solo miras el corazón que está dispuesto a servir. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment