Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Tuesday, October 27 LONG LIVE HOPE 1 Peter 1:3

Tuesday, October 27
LONG LIVE HOPE
1 Peter 1:3

“My soul, wait in silence for God only,
for my hope is from him only.”
Psalm 62:5

An American legend has it that there was once an Indian tribe camped on the hillside of a mountain, and the chief was very sick. He called his three sons and said to them, “I am going to die, and one of you has to succeed me. I want you to climb the holy mountain and bring me a beautiful gift. He that brings me the best gift will be the next chief.”

 After a few days they returned. The first brought a rare and extraordinarily beautiful flower. The second came with a colored stone, smooth and round, polished by the rain and wind. The third said to his father, “I brought nothing.  Being on the highest part of the mountain I could see across to the other side where there were marvelous pastures, full of green grass. I also saw a crystalline lake. I had a vision of where our tribe could go to have a better quality of life. I was so moved by what I saw that I couldn’t bring anything.”  

And the old chief replied, “You will be the chief because you have brought us the gift of a vision for a better future.”

“In the heart of all winters lives a throbbing spring, and behind each night comes a smiling dawn.”
Khalil Gibran.

Prayer: Thank you for giving me each day the hope to continue in the search for the truth, the justice, and the freedom which resides in you.  

Translated by John Walter

VIVA LA ESPERANZA
1 Pedro 1:3

“Sólo en Dios halla tranquilidad mi alma;
sólo en él he puesto mi esperanza.”
Salmo 62:5

Cuenta una leyenda americana que había una vez una tribu india acampada en la ladera de una montaña. Y el jefe ya estaba muy enfermo. Llamó a sus tres hijos y les dijo: 
-"Yo voy a morir y uno de vosotros tiene que sucederme. Quiero que subáis a la montaña santa y me traigáis un bello regalo. Aquél que traiga el mejor regalo será el nuevo jefe". 
Después de algunos días regresaron. El primero trajo una flor rara y extraordinariamente bella. 
El segundo vino con una piedra de color, suave y redonda, pulida por la lluvia y el viento. 
El tercero dijo a su padre: 
-"Yo no traigo nada. Estando en lo alto de la montaña pude ver que a la otra parte hay unas praderas maravillosas, llenas de hierba verde. Vi también un lago cristalino. Tuve la visión de dónde podía ir nuestra tribu para tener más calidad de vida. Quedé tan sobrecogido por lo que vi, que no pude traerme nada".
Y el anciano jefe replicó: 
-"Tú serás el jefe, porque tú nos has traído el regalo de la visión de un futuro mejor".
"En el corazón de todos los inviernos vive una primavera palpitante, y detrás de cada noche, viene una aurora sonriente".
Khalil Gibran.


Oración: Gracias por entregarme cada día la esperanza para continuar en la búsqueda de la verdad, la justicia y la libertad que en ti residen.



No comments:

Post a Comment