Thursday, October 1, 2015

THURSDAY, October 1, 2015 69th Anniversary of the Evangelical Theological Seminary of Matanzas International Day of the Elderly THE SUNSET YEARS OF LIFE 2 Corinthians 5:10

THURSDAY, October 1, 2015
69th Anniversary of the Evangelical Theological Seminary of Matanzas
International Day of the Elderly



THE SUNSET YEARS OF LIFE
2 Corinthians 5:10

Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face.”

1 Corinthians 13:12

Upon reaching the sunset years of my life, I am able to look back with serenity. With great thankfulness I acknowledge that my life has been filled with God’s care. I no longer have fears or doubts, because He forgave me when I believed in Jesus, and because of that, my conscience is at peace.

God’s patience, his goodness and his action on my behalf, even upon the small and poor creature that I am, were for my own good. How tenderly he sustained me, and helped me through my mistakes! With what great vigilance did he distance me from known and unknown dangers! With what great love has he instructed and directed and trained me!  All the care of his grace and his mercy unfold themselves before my eyes.

The perfect remembrance of all the grace of God in my life will be the topic of eternal praise.  Discovering God’s care for us teaches us to better understand his nature:  He is love and light.  God draws nearer when we enter into the intimacy of his thoughts, which had been so little understood for so long.  They are proof of his love, of an inexhaustible love.
  
Prayer: Today we give you thanks, my good Father, for your incessant care over us at every moment of my life.  I acknowledge that you have always been with me, even though at times I may not have noticed it.


 THURSDAY, October 1, 2015



Aniversario 69 del Seminario Evangélico de Teología de Matanzas
Día internacional de la ancianidad


EN EL ATARDECER DE LA VIDA
2 Corintios 5:10

Ahora vemos con opacidad, como a través de un espejo,
pero en aquel día veremos cara a cara”

1 Corintios 13:12

Al llegar al ocaso de mi vida, puedo mirar hacia atrás con serenidad. Muy agradecido reconozco que mi vida ha estado llena de los cuidados de Dios. Ya no tengo temores ni dudas, pues Él me reconcilió al permitirme creer en Jesús, por ello, mi conciencia está tranquila.

La paciencia de Dios, su bondad y su acción en mi favor, pequeña y pobre criatura como soy, fueron para mi bien. ¡Con qué delicadeza me sostuvo, me sacó de mis errores! ¡Con qué vigilancia hizo que me alejara de los peligros conocidos y desconocidos! ¡Con qué amor me instruyó, dirigió y formó! Todos los cuidados de su gracia y su misericordia se despliegan ante mis ojos.

El recuerdo perfecto de toda la gracia de Dios en mi vida será un tema de alabanza eterna. Descubrir los cuidados de Dios nos conduce a conocerle mejor con respecto a su naturaleza: Él es amor y luz. Dios se vuelve más cercano cuando entramos en la intimidad de sus pensamientos, durante tanto tiempo poco captados. Son pruebas de su amor, un amor inagotable.



Oración: Hoy te doy gracias mi buen Padre, por tus cuidados incesantes en todos los momentos de mi vida. Reconozco que siempre me has acompañado, aunque a veces no lo haya notado. 

No comments:

Post a Comment