Thursday, May 26, 2016

May 26, Thursday I SEARCHED SO LONG FOR YOU… REVELATION 3:20-22

May 26, Thursday
I SEARCHED SO LONG FOR YOU
REVELATION 3:20-22

“…and after the fire came a gentle whisper.”

I Kings 19:12
“Lord, I searched so long for you…but I couldn’t feel you.
I searched for you in my family’s religious tradition
I searched for you in the great cathedrals, in eloquent sermons
In the research, studies and opinions of theologians,
And of teachers
I searched for you in books, in human knowledge,
I searched for you in several religions, in their doctrines,
In the laws they taught me.
I searched for you in personal triumphs, in professional success,
In those “good relationships” that help,
That raise us up, that resolve our issues
I searched and searched for you…but I could not feel you.
And then one morning, almost at the crack of dawn, I finally felt you,
not in the miraculous way I’d expected, nor with noises.
Not with trumpets, but rather like a soft and tranquil whisper
An infinite peace calmed my being and my tears fell,
And then I had the most marvelous sensation,
so intimate and so difficult to describe,
I felt truly loved, just as I am,
And nothing else mattered.
Today I know that there are many ways to find you; there is no unique formula,
but that one way was mine. 
Today I know that You love us and that you are there,
And you knock at our doors and call, and if we open our hearts to you,
You enter our lives and utterly fill them.
Lord, I searched so long for you
And you were right there all along.”


Prayer: Thank you Lord, for your loving and faithful companionship all the days of my life. Amen.  


TE BUSQUÉ DURANTE TANTO TIEMPO
APOCALIPSIS  3:20-22

“…pero después del fuego, se oyó un silbo suave y apacible”

I Reyes 19:12
“Señor, te busqué durante tanto tiempo… pero no te sentía
Te busqué en la tradición religiosa de mi familia
Te busqué en las grandes catedrales, en los elocuentes discursos En las investigaciones, estudios y opiniones de los teólogos,
de los maestros
Te busqué en los libros, en el  conocimiento humano,
Te busqué en varias religiones, en las doctrinas,
en las leyes que me enseñaban.
Te busqué en los triunfos personales, en el éxito profesional,
En las “buenas relaciones”, esas que ayudan,
que elevan, que resuelven
Te busqué y te busqué… pero no te sentía
Y una mañana, casi al amanecer, por fin te sentí,
no de la forma milagrosa que esperaba, no con ruidos,
no con trompetas, sino como un silbo suave  y apacible
Una paz infinita calmó mi ser y mis lagrimas salieron,
y  tuve  entonces la sensación más hermosa,
más íntima y más difícil de describir,
Me sentí verdaderamente  amado, así como soy,
sin importar nada más.
Hoy sé que hay muchas formas para encontrarse contigo, no hay una fórmula única, pero esa  fue la mía,
Hoy sé que Tú  nos amas y que estás ahí,
y tocas a nuestra puerta y llamas,  y si te abrimos el corazón, 
tú entras en nuestra vida llenándola por completo.
Señor, yo que te busqué por tanto tiempo, 
y Tú siempre estuviste ahí.”

Oración: Gracias Señor, por tu amada y fiel compañía todos los días de mi vida. Amén.



No comments:

Post a Comment