Monday, October 17, 2016

Monday, October 17 WHAT IS WELL LEARNED IS NOT FORGOTTEN PROVERBS 2:1-8

Monday, October 17
WHAT IS WELL LEARNED IS NOT FORGOTTEN
PROVERBS 2:1-8

Start children off the way they should go,
and even when they are old they will not turn from it.

Proverbs 22:6



     A month ago my daughter began her university studies. Saying our goodbyes was very difficult; I felt an immense vacuum that not even my devotional time could fill. Many fears assaulted me concerning her new stage of life. Every day I asked myself “Will she adapt? Will she be able to make the correct decisions?  Who will her new friends be? Will she eat well?” Thousands of questions kept me worried and stressed. I knew later that this experience, through which many parents have crossed, is called empty nest syndrome. That is, until I sat down with a sister from the church and she shared with me a sentence from the book The Prophet, by Gibran Khalil Gibran:

You are the bows from which your children, like live arrows, are sent.

…Later we spoke about the wise words found in Proverbs 22:6. I understood then that what is well-learned is not forgotten. Beyond trusting in God as the protector of my daughter, I also began to trust in her, in the journey of wisdom she had crossed to that point, in her values, in her new opportunity to make mistakes, and in her new flight. Thus I didn’t feel that the nest was empty, but that it was full of opportunities for both of us.

Prayer:  I thank you God for this trust you have put in my heart to live this new stage far from my daughter, with the certainty that the way of wisdom you have taught her will serve as protector and guide forever. Thank you for the strength you have given me to loosen the ties and allow her to take flight. Amen.

Translated by John Walter


LO QUE BIEN SE APRENDE NO SE OLVIDA
PROVERBIOS 2:1-8

Instruye al niño en el camino correcto,
y aun en su vejez no lo abandonará
Proverbios 22:6

Hace un mes mi hija comenzó sus estudios en la Universidad. La despedida fue muy difícil, sentía un vacío inmenso que ni siquiera mi tiempo devocional podía llenar. Muchos miedos me asaltaban sobre su nueva etapa de vida. Cada día me preguntaba: ¿se adaptará? ¿podrá tomar las decisiones correctas? ¿cuáles serán sus nuevas amistades? ¿se alimentará bien? … Y así miles de interrogantes me mantenían preocupada y estresada. Supe luego que a esta experiencia por la que atravesamos muchas madres le llaman el síndrome del nido vacío. Hasta que me senté con una hermana de la iglesia y compartió conmigo una frase del libro “El Profeta” de Gibran Khalil Gibran:
Ustedes son los arcos de los cuales sus hijos como flechas vivas son enviados… Luego dialogamos sobre las palabras de sabiduría contenidas en Proverbios 22:6. Comprendí entonces que lo que bien se aprende no se olvida. Además de confiar en Dios como protector de mi hija, también comencé a confiar en ella, en el camino de sabiduría que había recorrido hasta ahora, en sus valores, en su nueva oportunidad de equivocarse y en su nuevo vuelo. Ya no sentía que el nido estaba vacío, sino que estaba lleno de oportunidades para ambas.

Oración: Te agradezco Dios, por esa confianza que has puesto en mi corazón para vivir esta nueva etapa lejos de mi hija, con la certeza de que el camino de sabiduría que le has enseñado le servirá de guarda y guía por siempre. Gracias por la fuerza que me has dado para soltar las amarras y dejarla volar. Amén


No comments:

Post a Comment