Monday, May 15, 2017

Monday, May 15 OUR ROCK AND OUR REFUGE PSALM 62:1-2

Monday, May 15
OUR ROCK AND OUR REFUGE
PSALM  62:1-2

My flesh and my heart may  fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Psalm 73:26

I recently experienced a day in which everything I attempted to do seemed to come out wrong. My frustration was great and my self-confidence very little, until I remembered in prayer that God knows my struggles and is my refuge.

At the beginning of Psalm 62 the psalmist, apparently himself feeling weak and without self-confidence, describes the difficulties he’s enduring and cries out to God for strength.  As he makes a list of God’s attributes, he expresses peace in the understanding that God is his refuge.

We can identify with the psalmist when we vacillate in our attempts at self-sufficiency and in our dependence on God amid difficulties. How many times have I failed trying to do everything for myself and forgetting to include the Lord until circumstances go beyond my control!

In calling out to God in all circumstances we remember his power and feel peace as we recognize his care and love for each one of us.

Prayer: God, our rock and our refuge, help us to grow daily in faith. Amen.

Translation by John Walter

NUESTRA ROCA, NUESTRO REFUGIO
SALMO 62:1-2

Mi carne y mi corazón desfallecen; mas la roca
de mi corazón y mi porción es Dios para siempre
Salmo 73:26

Recientemente experimenté un día en el cual todo lo que intentaba hacer parecía salir mal. Era mucha mi frustración y muy poca mi confianza en mí mismo, hasta que recordé en oración que Dios conoce mis luchas y es mi refugio.

Al principio del salmo 62, el salmista, aparentemente sintiéndose débil y sin confianza propia, describe las dificultades que enfrenta y clama a Dios por fortaleza. A medida que hace una lista de los atributos de Dios, expresa paz en el conocimiento de que Dios es su refugio.

Nos podemos identificar con el salmista cuando vacilamos entre nuestros intentos de autosuficiencia y nuestra dependencia de Dios en medio de dificultades.

¡Cuántas veces he fallado, tratando de hacer todo por mí mismo y olvidándome de incluir al  Señor hasta que las circunstancias están fuera de control!

Al clamar a Dios en todas las circunstancias, recordamos su poder y sentimos paz al reconocer su cuidado y amor por cada uno de nosotros.


Oración: Dios, nuestra roca y nuestro refugio, ayúdanos a crecer diariamente en la fe. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment