Sunday, May 21, 2017

Sunday, May 21 PLANTING AND WAITING 1 CORINTHIANS 3:5-17

Sunday, May 21
PLANTING AND WAITING
1 CORINTHIANS 3:5-17

So let us not grow weary in doing what is right,
for we will reap at harvest time, if we do not give up.

Galatians 6:9

When I was a girl, we lived on a small farm which my grandparents had in the country. One day I planted a handful of manto seeds around the house. The following week I went to see if they had sprouted yet. And likewise, from time to time, I went to my planting to search for a sprout, but nothing happened. Finally, I resigned myself to abandoning my vigil.

Imagine my surprise when three weeks later I discovered a manto vine which had grown over the side of the house with beautiful flowers. My crop had succeeded.

That's what happens with our work for God. Before a seed can grow, it must first be planted. Then enough time must pass to allow it to grow. We must be patient and give God the time for his work to make the seed grow in our hearts and in those of our brothers and sisters. And of course, we must not forget to water and tend the seed each day. Our faith, our little daily contribution and patience, together with the work of the Holy Spirit, will one day give us an abundant harvest.

Prayer: Beloved Lord, teach me to do your will every day, to plant seeds of goodness and truth in the lives of those around me, and then to leave it to you to do the work of growth. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Translation by John Potter


SEMBRANDO Y ESPERANDO
1 CORINTIOS 3:5-17

No nos cansemos de hacer el bien; porque a su tiempo
segaremos, si no desmayamos.
Gálatas 6:9

Cuando yo era  niña, vivíamos en una pequeña finca que tenían mis abuelos en el campo. Un día planté un puñado de semillas de mantos cerca de la casa. A la semana siguiente fui a ver si habían brotado ya. Y así, de ves en cuando me acercaba a mi siembra para ver un brote, pero nada sucedía. Finalmente resignada abandone mi vigilia.
Imaginen mi sorpresa cuando tres semanas después descubrí una enredadera de mantos que había crecido a lo largo de la casa con bellísimas flores. ¡Mi cosecha se había logrado!
Así sucede con nuestro trabajo para con Dios. Antes de que una semilla pueda crecer, primero debe ser plantada. Luego ha de pasar el tiempo necesario para permitirle crecer. Hemos de ser pacientes y dar tiempo a Dios para su obra de hacer crecer la semilla en nuestros corazones y en los de nuestros hermanos y hermanas. Eso sí, no debemos olvidar regar y cuidar la siembra cada día. Nuestra fe, nuestro pequeño aporte diario y la paciencia, junto con la obra del Espíritu Santo, nos dará un día una abundante cosecha.

Oración: Señor amado, enséñame a hacer tu voluntad cada día,  a plantar semillas de bien y verdad en las vidas de mis prójimos, y luego dejarte a ti que hagas la obra de crecimiento. Por Jesús, amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment