Saturday, May 20, 2017

Saturday, May 20 Celebration of the Dependent Church of Cidra (Unión de Reyes) THE PROMISE OF AN ENDURING SECURITY PSALM 27

Saturday, May 20
Celebration of the Dependent Church of Cidra
(Unión de Reyes)

THE PROMISE OF AN ENDURING SECURITY
PSALM  27

So we can say with confidence,
“The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid.
What can mere mortals do to me?”

Hebrews 13:6



One night upon returning to my apartment I was surprised at seeing the door wide open. After making a close inspection, I determined that a thief had entered. I changed the locks to increase security, but even with those measures I didn’t feel safe. Could I protect the house from further robbery?

Thinking about this I reflected that there are other worse intruders than those who daily threaten our security and well-being. Sickness, deceptions, and death invade our lives. There’s no way of impeding their entrance, and no one is exempt from them.

But we don’t need to live in constant fear because of this. I wondered if this wasn’t what the writer of the letter to the Hebrews wanted to say with the phrase I will not fear. His trust was based on the eternal promise of God, that He will never abandon us. God’s promise to always be with us is a firm one. When evil times come we are in God’s hands and can be assured.

Prayer: Thank you, Lord, for the security we feel knowing that you will never leave us. Amen.

Translation by John Walter 

Celebración ID de Cidra (Unión de Reyes)

PROMESA DE UNA SEGURIDAD DURADERA
SALMO 27

Podemos decir confiadamente: El Señor es mi ayudador;
no temeré lo que me pueda hacer el hombre.
Hebreos 13:6

Una noche al regresar a mi apartamento me sorprendí al ver la puerta abierta de par en par. Al hacer una inspección cautelosa comprobé que habían entrado ladrones. Cambié las cerraduras para aumentar la seguridad, pero aun así no me sentía confiada. ¿Podría proteger la casa contra futuros robos?
Al pensar en esto reflexioné  en que hay otros intrusos peores que los que diariamente amenazan nuestra seguridad y bienestar. La enfermedad, las decepciones y la muerte invaden nuestras vidas. No hay manera de impedir que entren y nadie está exento de ellas.
Pero no por esto tenemos que vivir en constante temor. Me pregunto si sería esto lo que el escritor de la carta a los Hebreos quería decir con la frase: No temeré. Su confianza estaba basada en la promesa eterna de Dios de que Él nunca nos abandonará.
La promesa de Dios de estar siempre con nosotros es una promesa firme.
Cuando vengan los malos tiempos, estamos en las manos de Dios y podemos estar confiados.

Oración: Gracias Señor, por la seguridad que sentimos al saber que tú nunca nos dejarás. Amén.





No comments:

Post a Comment