Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Wednesday, May 31 A HEART FULL OF LOVE FOR GOD ROMANS 5:5

Wednesday, May 31
A HEART FULL OF LOVE FOR GOD
ROMANS 5:5

Because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts
through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Romans 5:5

It was the same thing every night. I’d open my balcony’s window to let in the fresh night air, and then one night I saw her there on the sidewalk before me, surrounded by cats coming out from among the holes in broken doors and obscure places, to eat from the brimming plates placed thereabout. One day I made a decision: I crossed the street and introduced myself. She told me her name was Emma, and explained what she was doing there. “Every night I prepare food for the dogs and cats who live in the street.” That declaration startled me. How much sacrifice, how much work and dedication for those animals who were waiting for her each night, certain and thankful for receiving their daily food? Only God’s love pouring into our hearts could give us the courage and sensibility to undertake actions such as this.

There are people in life who impress you forever. And that was what happened to me with Emma. After this face-to-face meeting with her, I began to look at animals with compassion, and I didn’t miss  the opportunity of sharing a piece of bread or whatever I may have had in my knapsack with them. Her spirituality, goodwill, and testimony on behalf of the forgotten and neglected animals moved me forever. I pray for Emma and her ministry every day; and I ask that you do the same for the many forgotten “Emmas,” who in the silence of the night, like my neighbor, take care of feeding the animals of the street who suffer hunger and violence every day.

Prayer: Thank you, God of mercy, because you pour out upon us the gift of your love through the Holy Spirit. May this love fill us with the strength to serve all of your creation. Amen.

Translated by John Walter

UN CORAZÓN LLENO DEL AMOR DE DIOS
ROMANOS 5:5

Porque el amor de Dios ha sido derramado en nuestros corazones por el Espíritu Santo que nos fue dado
Romanos 5.5

Cada noche era igual. Abría la ventana de mi balcón para dejar pasar el aire fresco de la noche y la veía allí, en la acera de enfrenta, rodeada de gatos que salían de entre las grietas de puertas rotas y lugares olvidados para comer de rebosantes platos dispuestos a su alrededor. Un día me decidí, crucé la calle y me presenté. Ella me dijo su nombre: Emma y me explicó lo que hacía allí: “Cada noche le cocino a perros y gatos que viven en la calle” Aquella declaración me sobrecogió ¿Cuánto sacrificio, cuánto trabajo y entrega por aquellos animales que la esperaban cada noche, seguros y agradecidos por recibir su alimento diario? Sólo el amor de Dios derramado en nuestros corazones puede darnos el valor y la sensibilidad para emprender acciones como esta.

Hay personas en la vida que te marcan para siempre. Y eso fue lo que me pasó con Emma. Después de ese encuentro cara a cara con ella, comencé a mirar a los animales con compasión y ya no dejaba pasar la oportunidad de compartir con ellos un pedazo de pan o lo que tuviera en mi mochila. La espiritualidad, la buena voluntad, su testimonio a favor de los animales olvidados y desatendidos me conmovió para siempre. Cada día oro por Emma y por su ministerio y les pido que hagan lo mismo por las muchas “Emmas” olvidadas, que desde el silencio de la noche, como mi vecina, se encargan de alimentar a los animales de la calle que sufren hambre y violencia cada día.

Oración: Gracias Dios de misericordia, porque tú derramas sobre nosotros la dádiva de tu amor, a través de tu Santo Espíritu. Permite que ese amor nos llene de fuerzas para servir a toda tu creación. Amén.



No comments:

Post a Comment