Sunday, May 7, 2017

Sunday, May 7 KEEP PRAYING BECAUSE GOD IS LISTENING PSALM 102:1-17

Sunday, May 7
KEEP PRAYING BECAUSE
GOD IS LISTENING

PSALM 102:1-17

Hear my prayer, O LORD; let my cry come to you.
Do not hide your face from me in the day of my distress.
Psalm 102:1-2

When my son was little he had the habit of sleeping in my bed until one day I decided to put an end to it. I carried him to his cradle, gave him a kiss, and turned off the light. He began to cry bitterly, believing that I did not hear him or want him. But I was nearby, although hidden in the darkness. My heart was suffering. I wanted to fulfill his desires, but I didn't so that he could grow emotionally.

Each of us has felt at times as if God had turned his back on us, as if we were in periods of darkness and God was asleep and unchanging at our side. But God never draws away from us, and as I did with my son. He is always at our side, suffering together with us but allowing us to grow. Growth is painful, but the result is a life full of meaning together with God and with our families and friends.

Let's not dwell on complaint and suffering. God will reply to our request in his own way and time. Don't give up hope. Keep praying. God is at your side.

Prayer: Unending thanks, God, for all you have given to me. Forgive me when in despair I complain and move away from your hand. Hold me strong, and help me to move forward, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Translation by John Potter

SIGUE ORANDO PORQUE
DIOS ESTÁ ESCUCHANDO

SALMO 102:1-17

Jehová, escucha mi corazón. No escondas
de mí tu rostro en el día de mi angustia
Salmo 102:1-2

Cuando mi hijo era pequeño tenía el hábito de dormir en mi cama, hasta que un día decidí terminar con esto. Lo llevé a su cuna, le di un beso y apagué la luz. Él comenzó a llorar lastimeramente creyendo que yo no lo oía o no lo quería. Pero yo estaba cerca, aunque escondida en la oscuridad. Mi corazón estaba sufriendo. Anhelaba satisfacer sus deseos, pero no lo hice, para que pudiera crecer emocionalmente.
Todos hemos sentido algunas veces como si Dios nos diera la espalda; como si estuviéramos en períodos de oscuridad y Dios estuviera dormido e inmutable a nuestro lado. Pero Dios nunca se aleja de nosotros y así como yo hice con mi hijo, está siempre a nuestro lado, sufriendo junto a nosotros, pero dejándonos crecer. El crecimiento duele pero el resultado es una vida llena de sentido junto a  Dios y junto a nuestras familias y amistades. 
No nos detengamos en la queja y el sufrimiento. Dios responderá a nuestra petición a su manera y a su tiempo.
No te desesperes. Sigue orando. Dios está a tu lado.

Oración: Gracias infinitas, Dios, por todo lo que me has dado. Perdóname cuando en mi desesperación, me quejo y me distancio de tu mano. Sostenme fuerte y ayúdame a seguir adelante. En el nombre de Jesús, amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment