Monday, May 29, 2017

Monday, May 29 BY YOUR NAME I WILL BE GUIDED NUMBERS 9:15-23

Monday, May 29
BY YOUR NAME I WILL BE GUIDED
NUMBERS 9:15-23

At the Lord’s command they encamped,
And at the Lord’s command they set out.
Numbers 9:23

Just as it occured to the people of Israel when they wandered through the desert, we also make a journey of birth until death. We find many crossroads on life’s long path.

It’s necessary to pause and reflect upon which way to travel, which direction to take. We need to be guided, and pray, as with the psalmist, “by your name you will guide and lead me.”

We trust in God to assist us in choosing the straight course; the one that guides the birds across the unbroken skies will also guide us. We need only to listen and obey. If we are guided by God we will not turn from the course. He is the faithful pastor who always leads us on sure pathways.

There is a beautiful song in our hymnals that expresses this very well. I’m sharing with you only the refrain:

He guides me; he guides me,
with such love he guides me.
I harbor no doubts nor fear
for the good shepherd is leading me.


Prayer:  Beloved God, be with those persons who are making difficult decisions today. Amen.

Translated by John Walter


POR TU NOMBRE ME GUIARÁS
NÚMEROS 9:15-23

A una orden del Señor acampaban,
y a otra orden suya se ponían en camino

Números 9:23

Al igual que lo ocurrido con el pueblo de Israel cuando peregrinaron por el desierto, nosotros también realizamos una jornada del nacimiento hasta la muerte. A lo largo de la senda de la vida encontramos muchas encrucijadas.

Es necesario detenernos y reflexionar qué camino recorrer, qué dirección tomar. Necesitamos ser guiados y orar con el salmista: …por tu nombre me guiarás y me encaminarás

Confiamos en Dios para ayudarnos a escoger el camino recto. Aquél que guía a las aves a  través de los cielos sin senderos, también nos guiará a nosotros. Sólo tenemos que escuchar y obedecer. Si somos guiados por Dios, no nos desviaremos del camino. Él es el fiel pastor que siempre nos conduce por senderos seguros.

Hay una canción hermosa en nuestros himnarios que expresa esto muy bien. Solo les comparto el estribillo:

Me guía él, me guía él
Con cuanto amor me guía él
No abrigo dudas ni temor
Pues me conduce el buen pastor




Oración : Dios amado, sé con aquellas personas que hoy están tomando decisiones difíciles. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment