Thursday, September 27, 2018

Thursday, September 27 Anniversary of the “Dora Valentín” Church (Varadero) LET’S BE PATIENT LUKE 6:37-38


Thursday, September 27
Anniversary of the “Dora Valentín” Church (Varadero)

LET’S BE PATIENT
LUKE 6:37-38
There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens.
Ecclesiastes 3: 1 (NIV)
                                                                                                                                                                    I don’t remember the exact date when I came to church for the first time. I only remember that it was around the year 2000. My wife, my children, and I arrived there looking for peace, which we desperately needed. After about two years my old habits returned and caused me to abandon the way I had begun to follow. So I ended up forgetting the sound advice of my brothers and sisters and ignoring the appeals and censure of my wife and children. Without realizing it I put an end to the happiness I had given them during that period. After many years and many tears I realized that my only option was to return to where the Lord had called me some time ago. But this time it was different. I decided to go back to my church, and from that day my life changed.

Today I’m a different man, who only seeks to do better every day serving the rest and giving to others what was given to me one day. Therefore, when I see someone in rebellion, abandoning the right way, I smile and say to myself: “Be patient because you were like that and God and your brothers were patient with you.” We should not judge anybody for their actions. Only God knows the hearts of people and knows the moment when his word will bear fruit. Let us be patient with others, as God was patient with us.                            

Prayer: Lord, teach me how I can love the good in everybody. Amen.
Translation by George Meek

Aniversario de la Iglesia  “Dora Valentín” (Varadero)

TENGAMOS PACIENCIA
LUCAS 6:37-38
todo tiene su tiempo y todo lo que se quiere
debajo del cielo tiene su hora.
Eclesiastés 3: 1
                                                                                                                                                                   No tengo claro el día exacto en que vine por primera vez a la iglesia. Solo recuerdo que fue por el año dos mil. Mi esposa, mis hijos y yo, llegamos buscando algo de paz, la cual necesitábamos desesperadamente. Después de transcurrir aproximadamente dos años mis viejos moldes de conducta reaparecieron y me hicieron abandonar el camino que había comenzado a transitar. De esta manera, terminé olvidando los buenos consejos de mis hermanos y mis hermanas e hice caso omiso de los lamentos y recriminaciones de mi esposa y mis hijos. Sin darme cuenta acabé con la alegría que les había regalado en ese tiempo. Después de muchos años y muchas lágrimas me di cuenta de que mi única opción era volver a donde el Señor me había llamado un tiempo atrás. Pero, esta vez fue diferente. Decidí volver a mi iglesia y a partir de ese día mi vida cambió.

Hoy soy un hombre distinto que solo trata de ser mejor cada día sirviendo a los demás y regalando a otros lo que un día se me regaló. Por eso, cuando veo a alguien que, en su rebeldía, se desvía del camino correcto, sonrío y me digo: “paciencia que así mismo eras tú y Dios y tus hermanos fueron pacientes contigo”. No juzguemos a nadie por sus acciones, solo Dios conoce el corazón de las personas y sabe el momento en que su palabra fructificará. La misma paciencia que el Señor tuvo con nosotros tengámosla con los demás.                           

Oracion: Señor, muéstrame cómo puedo amar lo bueno de cada cual. Amén.



No comments:

Post a Comment