Saturday, September 8, 2018

Saturday, September 8 GOD ALWAYS ANSWERS MATTHEW 7:7-12


Saturday, September 8
GOD ALWAYS ANSWERS
MATTHEW 7:7-12
Ask, and it will be given you; search, and you will find;
knock, and the door will be opened for you.
Matthew 7:7 (NRSV)
            I have always heard that to forgive it is necessary to totally forget the wrongs. I don’t harbor resentment toward the one who has offended me and will help him if necessary, however, I cannot forget what happened at that point. This has always bothered me, and I have felt disgusted with myself, believing that I didn’t deserve God’s blessings and his forgiveness.
            A few days ago, a sister told me that she had learned in a course about spiritual well-being that our life is not a slate where everything can be eliminated with an eraser. Good or bad experiences stay in the mind because they are a part of what was experienced. When we forgive, we do not erase the act, but neither do we hold a grudge. We are ready to help and to love the one who at another time has hurt us.
            I felt that this was the answer I was waiting for from God after years of praying and striving to be better. I understood that to forget grievances is not to forget the acts, but it is loving, helping, and feeling God’s peace in our hearts.

Prayer: Thank you, beloved God, for listening to our prayers and clarifying our doubts. Lord, teach us to learn to forgive. Amen.

Translation by John Potter



DIOS SIEMPRE RESPONDE
MATEO 7:7-12

Pedid y se os dará, buscad y hallaréis, llamad y se os abrirá
Mateo 7:7

Siempre he escuchado que para perdonar hay que olvidar totalmente las ofensas; sin embargo, yo no guardo rencor a quien me ha ofendido y le ayudo si lo necesita, pero no logro olvidar lo que sucedió en algún momento. Esto siempre ha sido una preocupación para mí y he vivido disgustada conmigo misma creyendo no merecer las bendiciones y el perdón de Dios.
Hace unos días, una hermana me comentó que aprendió en un curso de bienestar espiritual, que nuestra vida no es una pizarra donde todo se elimina con un borrador, y que los sucesos buenos o malos se mantienen en la mente porque son parte de lo vivido y que, cuando perdonamos no borramos el hecho, sino que no guardamos rencor, disponiéndonos a ayudar y a amar a quien en algún momento nos hizo daño.
Sentí que esa era la respuesta que esperaba de Dios, después de años orando y esforzándome por ser mejor. Comprendí que olvidar los agravios, no es olvidar los hechos, sino que es: amar, ayudar y sentir la paz de Dios en el corazón.

Oración: Gracias, Dios amado, porque estás atento a nuestras súplicas y a esclarecer nuestras dudas. Enséñanos Señor a aprender a perdonar. Amén.



No comments:

Post a Comment