Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Tuesday, September 4 THE IMPORTANCE OF FORGIVENESS GENESIS 50: 15-27


Tuesday, September 4

THE IMPORTANCE OF FORGIVENESS
GENESIS 50: 15-27

And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
Matthew 6:12 (NRSV)
            How difficult is it to forgive someone whom we know has offended us? We keep resentment in our hearts, or there are simply times when we say, “I don’t know how to forgive.”
            Now I can pray without problems. I learned to forgive truly. What changed? Well, one day I realized that I was only hurting myself by keeping resentment in my heart. I came to question my behavior.
            Now I understand that it is a grave error to recognize ourselves as children of God and continue to harbor resentment in our hearts. If we have been chosen by God to follow in his paths, how can we harbor resentments? Jesus invites us to share his forgiveness without limits or exceptions.
            In that moment, I cried silently in my room, and I promised to myself to pardon from the heart and to forget all that occurred with that person, to pardon with sincerity. And did I manage to forgive? Assuredly! And since then I am a new person.

Prayer: God, help us to seek forgiveness and to be willing to forgive others. Cleanse our interior of resentment which only creates barriers between ourselves and others. Help us to follow your example. Amen.

Translation by John Potter


LA IMPORTANCIA DEL PERDÓN
GÉNESIS 50: 15-27

Perdónanos nuestras deudas,
como también perdonamos a nuestros deudores
Mateo 6:12

¿Qué difícil es perdonar a una persona que entendemos que nos ha ofendido? Guardamos rencor dentro de nuestro corazón, o hay momentos que simplemente decimos “yo no sé perdonar”.

 Hoy en día puedo orar sin ningún problema. He aprendido a perdonar de verdad. ¿Cómo cambié? Pues realmente un día me di cuenta de que solamente yo me estaba haciendo daño al guardar rencor dentro de mi corazón. Llegué a cuestionar mi comportamiento.

Ahora comprendo que es un error muy grande reconocernos como hijos e hijas de Dios, y seguir viviendo con rencores atrapados en nuestro corazón. ¿Si hemos sido elegidos o elegidas por Dios para seguirlo en sus caminos, cómo podemos albergar resentimientos?  Jesús nos invita a compartir su perdón sin límites, ni excepciones.

En aquel momento, lloré en silencio en mi habitación y me propuse a mí misma perdonar de corazón y olvidar todo lo ocurrido con alguna persona, perdonar con sinceridad y ¿logré perdonar? ¡Seguro! Y desde entonces soy otra.

Oración: Oh Dios, ayúdanos a procurar perdón y a estar dispuesta a perdonar a otros. Sana nuestro interior de rencores que solo ponen barreras entre nosotras y las demás personas. Ayúdanos a seguir tu ejemplo. Amén.



No comments:

Post a Comment