Tuesday, April 4, 2023

April 4

WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT?

John 9: 1-17

He answered, “I do not know whether he is a sinner. One thing I do know, that though I was blind, now I see.”

John 9:25 (NRSV)

Some time ago I read about two friends who had not seen each other for a long time. In meeting one of them noticed the change that had occured in the other’s life, and he asked to what was that change owed. The other replied, “I came to know Jesus. Now I am a new man.” The other friend said to him, “Since you have come to know Jesus. You can tell me a lot about him; for example, where he was born, where he lived, how old he was when he died, and various other things.”

The other friend told him, “Unfortunately I cannot answer those questions. I don’t know the answers.”

“Then you don’t know anything about Jesus,” said the first friend.

The other replied, “You are wrong. I was an alcoholic. My life was a disaster. My family was afraid of me. Today I am different. Jesus changed me. I don’t drink any more. I’m happy with my loved ones. I work honorably. All that is thanks to Christ, and that is what I know. I know that he can transform a life. That’s what is really important.”

How true! Truth? What is more important, knowing the Bible by memory, knowing many of the things about Jesus’ public life (which is not a bad thing to know), or feeling that he transforms lives and putting into practice what He asks us to do for those around us.?

 

Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank you for the miracle that you have worked in my life. Help me to understand what is the most important for our faith and to share it. Amen.

 

Translation by John Potter

 

Abril 4

¿QUE ES LO MAS IMPORTANTE?

Juan 9: 1-17

Pero él respondió: -si es pecador, no lo sé, lo que si sé es que yo era ciego, y ahora veo.

Juan 9:25

Hace algún tiempo leí sobre dos amigos que hacía mucho tiempo no se veían. Al encontrarse, uno de ellos percibió el cambio que se había operado en la vida del otro, y le preguntó a qué se debía dicho cambio. El otro le contestó: “Conocí a Jesús. Ahora soy hombre nuevo”. El otro amigo le dice: “Así que conociste a Jesús. Entonces me puedes contar cosas de Él; por ejemplo: dónde nació, dónde vivía, qué edad tenía cuando murió, y algunas cosas más”. El otro amigo le dijo: “Lamentablemente no te puedo contestar esas preguntas. No sé las respuestas.” “Entonces no sabes nada de Jesús” le dijo el amigo. Y este contestó: “Te equivocas. Yo era un alcohólico. Mi vida era un desastre. Mi familia me tenía miedo. Hoy todo es distinto. Jesús me cambió. Ya no bebo. Disfruto junto a mis seres queridos. Trabajo honradamente. Todo eso gracias a Cristo, y eso es lo que sé. Sé que puede transformar una vida.  Eso es lo que realmente importa”.

¡Cuán cierto! ¿Verdad? ¿Qué es más importante? ¿Saber la Biblia de memoria, saber muchas de las cosas de la vida pública de Jesús (que no está mal saberlas), o sentir que él transforma vidas y poner en práctica lo que Él nos pidió que hiciéramos por los demás?

 

Oración: Señor Jesús, gracias por el milagro que has hecho en mi vida. Ayúdame a comprender qué es lo más importante para nuestra fe, y compartirlo. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment