Saturday, April 15, 2023

April 15

WITH GOD I AM ABLE

Psalm 18:1-6

In my distress I called to the Lord. I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears.  (NIV)

Psalm 18:6

On occasion, although my faith hasn’t totally vanished, I feel weakness, fear, pain and weariness.  But I don’t want that to be the reason for not achieving a good harvest.  

The valley of shadows I’m passing through  seems unending, but the Good Shepherd is there who helps me cross it.

I’ve felt the desire to abandon, to run and to fly far away, but he says, “No,” to continue ahead, since the harvest will be great.

However, I’m shattered; my saddened soul is experiencing the blows of a  storm and gale; it crumbles like a sandcastle when it’s struck by sea waves.  Where is my strength, my smile, my joy? I don’t want to lose them, but I’m exhausted and fatigued. I pray, seeking sweet refuge in Christ. He only tells me that when I’m at my weakest I’ll be strongest in him. His voice amid the pain and discomfort encourages me and gives me courage.     

I know I can!  And while I’m unsure of what lies ahead in this valley, I know that wherever I find myself, he is my fortress.

 

Prayer: I have faith, Lord, because your plans for my life are always better than mine. Thank you for not allowing me to fall, for always sustaining me. Amen. 

 

Translation by John Walter

 

 

Abril 15

CON DIOS PUEDO

Salmo 18:1-6

En mi angustia invoqué a Jehová, y clamé a Dios. Él oyó mi voz desde su templo, y mi clamor llegó delante de él a sus oídos.

Salmo 18:6

En ocasiones, aunque mi fe no se haya desvanecido totalmente, siento debilidad, temor, dolor y cansancio. Pero no quiero desmayar por tal de alcanzar una buena cosecha.

El valle de sombras que estoy pasando parece no terminar nunca, pero allí está el Buen Pastor que me ayuda a atravesarlo. He sentido ganas de abandonar, de correr y volar lejos, pero Él me dice que no, que siga adelante, pues la cosecha será grandiosa. Sin embargo, me estoy desmoronando. Mi alma entristecida experimenta el abatimiento de una fuerte tormenta, se desmorona como un castillo de arena cuando es golpeado por el mar. ¿Dónde están mi fuerza, mi sonrisa y mi gozo? No quiero perderlos, pero estoy extenuada y fatigada. Oro buscando el dulce refugio en Cristo. Sólo Él me dice que cuando soy más débil seré más fuerte en Él. Su voz en medio del dolor, la pena y el desconsuelo, me anima y me da coraje.

¡Sé que puedo! No sé cuánto recorrido queda en este valle, sólo sé que donde quiera que me encuentre, Él es mi fortaleza.

 

Oración: Tengo fe Señor, porque tus planes para mi vida son siempre mejor que los míos. Gracias por no dejarme caer, por sostenerme siempre. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment