Tuesday, April 11, 2023

April 11

YOU GAIN MORE THAN YOU LOSE

Mark 11:24

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all  kinfd of prayer and requests…  (NIV)

Ephesians 6:18a

Some days ago I read this beautiful reflection that I wanted to share with you today. On a certain occasion, people asked a woman what she obtained when praying to God regularly. To which she responded, “Generally, I gain nothing, rather, for the most part, I lose things.  She continued citing all she’d lost by praying to God regularly:

·    “I lost my pride

·    “I lost arrogance

·    “I lost greed

·    “I lost jealousy

·    “I lost anger

·    “I lost lust

·    “I lost the pleasure of lying

·    “I lost my appetite for sin

·    “I lost impatience

·    “I lost desperation

·    “I lost discouragement

“At times we pray not to gain something, but rather to lose things that impede us from growing spiritually. Prayer educates, fortifies, and heals; prayer is the channel that directly connects us to God.”

 

Prayer: Lord, at this moment I bow before your presence to thank you for this wonderful tool that I have in prayer. Thank you, because in it I approach your throne of grace with the certainty that you always listen to me. Amen. 

 

Translation by John Walter

 

Abril 11

GANAS MAS DE LO QUE PIERDES

Marcos 11:24

Orando en todo tiempo con toda oración y súplica en el Espíritu…

Efesios 6:18a

Hace algunos días leí esta bella reflexión la cual quisiera compartir con ustedes hoy.

“En cierta ocasión le preguntaron a una mujer qué obtenía orando a Dios regularmente. A lo cual ella respondió: Generalmente no gano nada, sino más bien pierdo cosas. Y siguió citando todo lo que perdía orando a Dios regularmente:

· Perdí el orgullo

· Perdí la arrogancia

· Perdí la codicia

· Perdí la envidia

· Perdí mi ira

· Perdí la lujuria

· Perdí el placer de mentir

· Perdí el gusto por el pecado

· Perdí la impaciencia

· Perdí la desesperación

· Perdí el desánimo

A veces oramos no para ganar algo, sino para perder cosas que no nos permiten crecer espiritualmente. La oración educa, fortalece y sana. La oración es el canal que nos conecta directamente con Dios.”

 

Oración: Señor, en este momento me inclino ante tu presencia para agradecerte por esa maravillosa herramienta que tengo en la oración. Gracias porque en ella me acerco a tu trono de gracia con la certeza de que me escuchas siempre. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment