Sunday, April 30, 2023

April 30

GRATITUDE

1 Corinthians 15:57

Giving thanks to God the Father

Ephesians 5:20 (NRSV)

Today very early in the morning, when I woke up, I heard the trill of the birds on my patio, and from my heart, like a murmur full of admiration, came the expression: “Thank you Lord, for all that you have given me today”.

Today I don’t want to lose my gratitude, because if I lose gratitude my heart will be filled with sorrow. I want to lift up my eyes and observe all the little things that God shows me and gives to me. Yes, today I will find, without a doubt, many anxieties, and problems; but before I set my eyes on them, I want to set them on the gifts that God has given and be able to exclaim: “Thanks be to my Christ, who has given me so much.”

Today I have a long way to go, but I will see the little things that God has put here to give me joy. There will be time enough to see the stumbling blocks; but before any of that, I want to see the little details that will make me sing a joyful note of thanksgiving to the Creator. May the Lord make his face to shine upon us today.

 

Prayer: Thank you Lord. Your love is so special that each day I can feel it in the small and big demonstrations of your goodness. Why would I forget your goodness and your love today? Let me raise up to you this note of thanks. Amen.

 

Translation by Susan Metcalf Smith

 

Abril 30

GRATITUD

1 Corintios 15:57

Dando siempre gracias a Dios

Efesios 5:20

Hoy bien temprano, cuando me levanté, escuché en el patio de mi casa el trinar de las aves y salió de mi corazón, como un murmullo lleno de admiración, la expresión: “Gracias Señor, por todo lo que hoy me das”.

Hoy no quiero perder el agradecimiento, porque si pierdo la gratitud mi corazón se llenará de quebranto. Quiero levantar mi frente y observar todas las pequeñas cosas que Dios me muestra y me regala. Sí, hoy encontraré sin dudas muchas angustias y problemas; pero antes de poner mis ojos en ellos, quiero ponerlos en los regalos que Dios me ha dado y poder exclamar: “Gracias a mi Cristo, que me ha dado tanto.”

Hoy tengo mucho camino que recorrer, pero veré las pequeñas cosas que Dios ha puesto aquí para alegrarme. Ya habrá tiempo suficiente para ver los tropiezos; pero antes de eso, quiero ver los pequeños detalles que me harán cantar la nota de agradecimiento al Creador.

Que el Señor haga resplandecer hoy su rostro sobre nosotros.

 

Oración: Gracias Señor. Tu amor es tan especial que cada día lo puedo sentir en las pequeñas y grandes demostraciones de tu bondad. ¿Por qué olvidarme hoy de tu bondad y tu amor? Déjame elevar ante ti esta nota de agradecimiento. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment