Thursday, April 20, 2023

April 20

STILL TO BE BAKED

John 6:26-35

I am the bread of life

John 6:35 (NIV)

Everything had been going wrong for me lately. I felt like I was traveling the wrong way on a one way street. The obstacles in my life kept blocking my path. The more things didn’t go my way, the more frustrated I became. And the more I ran around trying to get to the finish line, the harder it became to find time with God.

In those days a fair was organized in our church. I decided to make a sweet Italian bread. It was something quick and that people liked. I was in a hurry for it to finish baking in the oven. I wanted to make it fast. Then I remembered what happened to me the previous time. In my rush, the candy was hard as a rock and raw in the center.

It was then that the Lord helped me to see that I always wanted things right away, leaving no time for Him to minister to me. It turned out that inside, I was not ready, I was not spiritually ready as I thought I was. It was a lesson I was starting to learn.

 

Prayer: Thank you Lord, for kneading life back into me and filling me with you, and making me well-crafted from the deepest part. Amen.

 

Translation by Pat Metcalf

 

Abril 20

FALTA AUN POR COCER

Juan 6:26-35

Yo soy el pan de la vida

Juan 6:35

Todo había estado saliendo mal para mí últimamente. Me sentía como si estuviera viajando en una calle en sentido contrario. Los obstáculos de mi vida mantenían bloqueado mi camino. Cuantas más cosas no me salían bien, más frustrada me ponía. Y cuanto más corría tratando de llegar a la meta, más difícil se hacía encontrar tiempo con Dios.

Por esos días en nuestra Iglesia se organizó una feria. Yo decidí hacer una panetela. Era algo rápido y que les gustaba a las personas. Estaba apurada por que se terminara de cocinar en el horno. Quería hacerlo rápido. Entonces recordé lo que me pasó la vez anterior. En ese apuro, el dulce quedó duro como piedra y crudo en el centro.

Fue entonces que el Señor me ayudó a ver que siempre quería las cosas de inmediato, sin dejar tiempo para que Él me ministrara. Resultaba que en mi interior, yo no estaba preparada, no estaba espiritualmente lista como creía. Fue una lección que comencé a aprender.

 

Oración: Gracias Señor, por amasar la vida de nuevo dentro de mí y llenarme de ti, para estar bien elaborada desde lo profundo. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment