Friday, June 2, 2023

June 2

Anniversary of the Presbyterian-Reformed Church in Placetas

MY GOD, I WAIT ON YOU

Psalm 143:8

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own insight.

Proverbs 3:5 (NRSV)

Blessed are those who wait on me. Patient waiting isn’t easy; nevertheless, it is good for you. We develop plans with great anticipation, make definitive decisions and make things happen. There is a time for that, but this isn’t the time. Now is the time to feel yourself in my presence, waiting on me with all your being. This discipline will bring an abundance of blessings.

Some of the good things that I offer you will occur in the future. Meanwhile, wait obediently for me; you are increasing the value of those things which have not yet been converted into blessings. Because they are veiled in the mystery of the future, you cannot see them clearly. For the present, there are other blessings. The very process of waiting upon me is beneficial. Keep your soul in expectation as you look to me in hope. Be aware that I am in control, and that you can rest in my goodness. Even if you don’t understand why you have to wait so long, I bless you for deciding to trust me with all your heart.

 

Prayer: Lord, I really don’t understand what’s going on in my life. You know that I’m having a hard time waiting for you. Help me to seek you and trust in you with all my being. Amen.

 

Translation by John Potter

Junio 2

Aniversario IPR de Placetas

ESPERO EN TI, MI DIOS

Salmo 143:8

Fíate de Jehová de todo tu corazón, y no te apoyes en tu propia prudencia

Proverbios 3:5

Dichosos los que esperan en mí. Esperar pacientemente no es fácil; no obstante, es bueno para ti. Elaboras planes con mucha anticipación, tomas decisiones definitivas y haces que las cosas ocurran. Hay un tiempo para eso, pero este no es el momento. Ahora es tiempo de que te sientes ante mi presencia, confiando en mí con todo tu ser. Esta disciplina te traerá una abundancia de bendiciones.

Algunas de las cosas buenas que te ofrezco se encuentran en el futuro. Mientras esperas obedientemente en mí, estás aumentando el valor de aquellas cosas que aún no se han convertido en bendiciones. Debido a que ellas están veladas en el misterio del futuro, no las puedes ver con claridad. Para el tiempo presente hay otras bendiciones. El mismo proceso de esperar en mí es beneficioso. Mantén tu alma a la expectativa mientras me buscas con esperanza. Sé consciente de que yo estoy en control y puedes descansar en mi bondad. Aunque no entiendas por qué tienes que esperar tanto, yo te bendigo al decidirte a confiar en mí con todo tu corazón.

 

Oración: Señor, verdaderamente no entiendo esto que está pasando en mi vida. Tú sabes que se me está haciendo muy difícil esperar en ti. Ayúdame a buscarte y a confiar en ti con todo mi ser. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment