Thursday, June 22, 2023

June 22

LIVING DIFFICULT TIMES

Psalm 121:1-8

My help comes from the Lord, Maker of heaven and earth

Psalm 121:2 (NIV)

Sometimes I feel as if I am drowning in my own stress. I see how my feeling is wrapped in a whirlpool that traps me and dilutes me in the fury of an agony that makes me faint. I don’t understand how it settled in me without avoiding it, but it hurts me and robs me of peace. It is difficult to say how I feel: with uncertainties, worries and regrets. It is when my faith wanes that I must pray the most.

Some time ago this beautiful reflection fell into my hands and I would like to share it with you, because it helps me when I feel in those circumstances:

There are days when we feel strong like Joshua and Caleb, ready for war. 

There are days when we prefer to hide in the cave the cave like Elijah.

There are days we’d rather sing like David and Miriam.

There are days we want to cry like Ana.

There are days  that we have faith like Abraham  to win everything, jump walls and defeat armies are days.

There are days when we lift our eyes to the mountains and ask: where will my help come from?

That is not to say that we are strong or weak. We are simply humans and limited, absolutely dependent on God. In Him is our strength, courage and hope.

It is in the midst of the test that I understand that stress in times of affliction is only removed at the feet of the Master.

 

Prayer: Lord help me. Increase my faith in your providence. Even if I feel faint, make me understand that in the difficult test your sovereign grace will act on me at the perfect time and free me. Thanks for having you. Amen.

 

Translation by Pat Metcalf

 

Junio 22

VIVIENDO TIEMPOS DIFICIILES

Salmo 121:1-8

Mi socorro viene de Jehová, que hizo los cielos y la tierra

Salmo 121:2

A veces siento que me ahogo en mi propio estrés. Veo cómo mi sentir se ve envuelto en un remolino que me atrapa y me diluye en el furor de una agonía que me hace desmayar. No entiendo cómo se instaló en mí sin evitarlo, pero me hace daño y me roba la paz. Es difícil decir cómo me siento: con incertidumbres, preocupaciones y lamentaciones. Cuando mengua mi fe es cuando más debo orar

Hace algún tiempo cayó en mis manos esta bella reflexión que me gustaría compartir con ustedes, porque me ayuda cuando me siento en esas circunstancias:

Hay días que nos sentimos fuertes como Josué y Caleb, listos para la guerra.

Hay días que preferimos escondernos en la cueva como Elías.

Hay días que queremos cantar como David y Miriam.

Hay días que queremos llorar como Ana.

Hay días que tenemos fe como Abraham para ganar todo, saltar murallas y derrotar ejércitos.

Hay días que levantamos los ojos a los montes y nos preguntamos: ¿de dónde vendrá mi socorro?

Eso no quiere decir que seamos fuertes o débiles. Somos simplemente humanos y limitados, dependientes absolutos de Dios. En Él están nuestras fuerzas, valor y esperanza

Es en medio de la prueba cuando comprendo que el estrés en tiempos de aflicción sólo se quita a los pies del Maestro.

 

Oración: Señor, ayúdame. Aumenta mi fe en tu providencia. Aunque me sienta desmayar, hazme entender que en la prueba difícil tu soberana gracia actuará en mí en el tiempo perfecto y me librará. Gracias por tenerte. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment