Saturday, June 10, 2023

June 10

TO BE CHRISTIAN IS A SENSE OF LIFE

2 Corinthians 5: 17-20

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come…(NIV)

2 Corinthians 5: 17a

I had to contract marriage in the year 1952, in a social context very different from today. On forming a new home, my greatest worry was that it was always to be a Christian home. Questions then arose before me, which I immediately raised to God:  Lord, what do I have to do to achieve it? Do I take my sons to church every week? Celebrate at the family altar every day? Teach the Ten Commandments to them? But God answered with a very simple phrase: “Be a living testimony for them.”

I had always felt God’s presence among us. Today I opened the devotional “Su Voz,” and the day’s meditation was entitled – surprisingly – “To be Christian is a sense of life.” God was responding to me anew. To be a believer in Jesus Christ isn’t learning a series of doctrines and repeat certain dogmas, it’s a life that manifests the love of God and to guide it by the Spirit. That is the aspiration and the commitment.      

 

Prayer: Give me, my God, the power to be useful in the fulfillment of your will. May our life be a reflection of your love among those around us. Amen.

 

Translation by John Walter

 

Junio 10

SER CRISTIANO ES UN SENTIDO DE VIDA

2 Corintios 5: 17-20

De modo que si alguno está en Cristo, nueva criatura es…

2 Corintios 5: 17a

Hube de contraer matrimonio en el año 1952, en un contexto social muy diferente al de hoy. Al formar un nuevo hogar mi mayor preocupación era que fuera siempre un hogar cristiano. Ante mí surgieron entonces interrogantes que inmediatamente elevé a Dios. ¿Señor, qué tengo que hacer para lograrlo? ¿Llevar mis hijos a la Iglesia cada domingo? ¿Celebrar diariamente el altar familiar? ¿Enseñarles los Diez mandamientos? Pero Dios me respondió con frases muy sencillas: Sé tú un testimonio vivo para ellos. Realmente he sentido siempre la presencia de Dios en medio nuestro.

Hoy abro el devocional “Su Voz” y la meditación del día se titula, para mi sorpresa, “Ser cristiano es un sentido de vida”.  Dios me estaba nuevamente respondiendo. Ser creyente en Jesucristo no es aprender una serie de doctrinas y repetir ciertos dogmas, es vida que manifiesta el amor de Dios y es guiada por el Espíritu. Esa es la aspiración y el compromiso.

 

Oración: Dame mi Dios, el poder serte útil en el cumplimiento de tu voluntad. Que nuestra vida sea reflejo de tu amor entre los que nos rodean. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment