Saturday, June 3, 2023

June 3

RESTING IN YOUR POWER

1 Kings 19:12

The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to keep still.

Exodus 14:14 (NRSV)

When life’s routines tire us out, we can rest in God.  As God knows everything, our doubts and worries will vanish. My heart smiles when I start to pray. I realize once again that I have an option: I can search for the good and treasure its work; I can help those around me even when it hurts, because God cares for me all the time. I am never alone, even if at times it seems that way. In quiet, where some yearn for noise, I recover my strength, recover my balance; I can remain firm in God’s promises and words; I can advance because I have heard his voice; I can trust in God because all will be well, even if I don’t understand how.

Here in the quiet I can see God’s work in me, can feel God’s mercy, sense God’s love and completely trust God. As long as we are close to God’s heart, there is no reason to fear. Our task is to put faith into action, because without faith it is impossible to please God.

 

Prayer: Lord, when I think that you are not at my side, remind me that you are above existence and all that I can see is because you created it. Never let me be too busy to be quiet. Keep us humble, shape our will so that we can follow you and serve you with all that we are, to be useful for your plan. Amen.

 

Translation by John Potter

Junio 3

DESCANSANDO EN SU PODER

1 Reyes 19:12

El Señor peleará por vosotros, mientras vosotros os quedáis callados

Éxodo 14:14

Cuando las rutinas de la vida nos cansan, en Dios podemos descansar. Como Él lo sabe todo, nuestras dudas y preocupaciones se desvanecen. Mi corazón sonríe cuando empiezo a orar. Me doy cuenta una vez más que tengo una opción, puedo buscar el bien y atesorar su trabajo, puedo ayudar a los demás incluso cuando me duela, porque Él cuida de mí todos los días. Nunca estoy solo, aunque a veces me parezca. En la quietud, donde algunos anhelan ruido, recupero mis fuerzas, recupero mi equilibrio, puedo mantenerme firme en sus promesas y palabras, puedo avanzar porque su voz he escuchado, puedo confiar en Él porque todo será para bien aunque a veces no lo entienda.

Ahí en la quietud puedo ver su obra en mí, puedo ver su misericordia, sentir su amor y confiar plenamente en Él. Mientras estemos junto a su corazón no hay por qué temer. Nuestra tarea es poner la fe en acción, porque sin fe es imposible agradarle.

 

Oración: Señor, cuando piense que no estás a mi lado, recuérdame que tú estás sobre la existencia, y todo lo que puedo ver es porque tú lo creaste. Nunca me dejes estar demasiado ocupado para no estar quieto. Mantennos humildes, moldea nuestra voluntad para que podamos seguirte y servirte con todo lo que somos, serte útiles para tu plan. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment