Friday, May 16, 2014

Friday, May 16 DEUTERONOMY 5:16

Friday, May 16
EVERYTHING AT NO CHARGE

DEUTERONOMY  5:16

“My son, keep your father’s commands and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.”

Proverbs 6:20
There is a story about a boy who approached his mother one night and gave her a piece of paper upon which the following words were written:  “For mowing the grass: $5.00; for cleaning my room this week: $1.00; for going to the grocery store whenever you send me: $0.50; for taking care of my brother while you went to pay the phone bill: $0.25; for taking out the trash: 1.00; for getting good grades at school:      $5:00.  Total amount you owe me: $12.75”.

His mother read it and the recollections passed through her mind.  She took out a pen, turned over the sheet of paper, and noted the following: “For the nine months that I carried you while you grew inside of me: no charge.  For all the nights that I spent by your side, caring and praying for you: no charge.  For all the difficult moments and the tears you caused me throughout the years: no charge. For all the nights full of fear and for the worries that I knew I would have: no charge.  When you add it all up, the total sum of true love is at NO CHARGE.”  When he read it, the boy began to cry.  He looked at his mother and said, “Mom, I love you very much.”  Then he took the pen and in large letters wrote: “PAID IN FULL.”


Prayer: God of life, I thank you for the wonderful parents you gave me. Help me to always be able to give them the honor and love they deserve. Amen.


TODO SIN CARGO
DEUTERONOMIO  5:16
“Cumple el mandamiento de tu padre,
y no te apartes de la enseñanza de tu madre”
Proverbios 6:20
Cuenta una historia que una noche, un niño se acercó a su madre y le entregó un papel en el que había escrito lo siguiente: “Por cortar el césped: 5.00; por limpiar mi habitación esta semana: 1.00; por ir a la bodega cuando me envías: 0.50; por cuidar a mi hermano mientras fuiste a pagar el teléfono: 0.25; por sacar la basura: 1.00; por sacar buenas notas en el colegio: 5.00. Total que me debes: 12.75”.
Su madre lo leyó y los recuerdos pasaron por su mente. Tomó la pluma, le dio la vuelta a la hoja y anotó lo siguiente: “Por lo nueve meses que te llevé mientras crecías en mi interior, “sin cargo”. Por todas las noches que estuve sentada a tu lado, cuidándote y orando por ti, “sin cargo”. Por todos los momentos difíciles y todas las lágrimas que causaste a través de los años, “sin cargo”. Por todas las noches de temor y por las preocupaciones que sabía que tendría, “sin cargo”. Cuando sumes todo, el costo total del verdadero amor es SIN CARGO”. Al leerlo, el niño comenzó a llorar. Miró a su madre y dijo: "Mamá te quiero mucho". Después tomó la pluma y con letras grandes escribió: "PAGADO EN SU TOTALIDAD”.

Oración: Dios de la vida, gracias te doy por los maravillosos padres que me diste, ayúdame para que siempre pueda honrarlos y amarlos como ellos merecen. Amén.



No comments:

Post a Comment