Friday, May 23, 2014

Friday, May 23 PSALM 148

Friday, May 23
THANKFUL
PSALM 148
“Let them praise the name of the Lord, for his name alone is exalted; his splendor is above the earth and the heavens!”

Psalm 148:13
Someone suggested that each morning I should make a list of the gifts God has granted me for which I should be grateful. At the end of each day, I should write something for which to praise the Lord. I was determined to do this over a long period of time. Counting my blessings seemed simple. On good days it seemed appropriate to be thankful to God, but what should I say on those days when I was depressed, or when everything went wrong? There are many days when thankfulness doesn't seem appropriate. I finally tried it. Each day, for a month, I wrote down one thing for which to be grateful in my calendar. What a surprise!  Even on those routine, boring and bad days, I was able to think of at least one reason to praise God.

I don’t keep a written daily account anymore, but not a day goes by without thinking of a good reason for which to be thankful. Praise is much more than mere words.


Prayer: Thank you, God, for all that you have given to me. I rejoice in the knowledge that when I praise you, the angels in heaven praise you as well. Amen









AGRADECIDOS
SALMO 148
“ ¡Alaben todos el nombre del Señor,
pues solo su nombre es altísimo!
Salmo 148:13
Alguien me sugirió que cada mañana  hiciera una lista de los dones que Dios me ha concedido por los cuales debo estar agradecido. Al final del día, debía escribir algo por lo cual alabar al Señor. Durante mucho tiempo estuve renuente a hacerlo. Contar mis bendiciones parecía simplista. En los días buenos parecía apropiado agradecer a Dios, pero ¿Qué decir en aquellos días  en los que estaba deprimido, o cuando todo iba mal? Hay muchos días en los que la alabanza no parece apropiada. Finalmente lo intenté. Cada día, durante un mes, escribí en mi calendario una cosa por la cual estaba agradecido.  ¡Qué sorpresa! Aún en los días rutinarios, aburridos y malos, pude pensar al menos en una razón para alabar a Dios.
Ya no llevo un recuento diario, pero no pasa un día sin que piense en una buena razón por la cual estar agradecido. La alabanza es mucho más que meras palabras.

Oración: Gracias Dios, por todo lo que me has dado. Me regocija saber que cuando te alabo, también los ángeles te alaban en el cielo. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment