Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tuesday, May 13 MATTHEW 5:14-16

Tuesday, May 13
A LAMP INSIDE OUR HOMES AS WELL
MATTHEW 5:14-16
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you…”
Matthew 7:12
A while back I read the following story which contains a great lesson.

“As I was leaving work, I ran into a man and said, ‘Excuse me.’  He replied: ‘Sorry, I didn’t see you.’  We then respectfully said goodbye and went our separate ways. I later arrived home exhausted but facing my daily house chores. While I was in the kitchen, I bumped into my son who was standing behind me and nervously yelled: ‘Get out of the way!’ He walked away from me crying.  In bed that night I could not fall asleep.  I went into the kitchen and found my mother who said to me: ‘He was bringing you flowers.  He was standing quietly behind you in order to surprise you…’  I felt terrible.  I went into my son’s room, knelt by his side, and said, ‘My son, I am so sorry about what happened.  I shouldn’t have yelled at you. He answered, ‘It’s ok, Mami.  I still love you…’”

I invite you to think about this.  We can be so very polite with our coworkers, or with our neighbors, but then in our homes we fly into a rage, we quickly lose our patience or we neglect to show our affection. Remember the saying “an oil lamp in the street and darkness inside the house”—this behavior is like wearing a painted dress over our skin. Let’s remember to be the oil lamps inside as well as outside of our homes.

Prayer: Thank you, Lord, for our families. Help us to understand and appreciate their value in our lives. Amen.


CANDIL TAMBIÉN EN CASA
MATEO 5:14-16
Todas las cosas que queráis que hagan con vosotros, así también haced vosotros con los demás”
Mateo 7:12
Hace un tiempo leí esta historia  que encierra una gran lección. “Al salir del trabajo tropecé con un señor y le dije: “Perdón” Él me contestó: “Discúlpeme, no la vi”. Después nos despedimos con respeto y cada cual  siguió su camino. Luego llegué a mi casa extenuada a enfrentarme con las labores cotidianas. Estando en la cocina, tropecé con mi hijo que estaba detrás de mi y le grité nerviosa: “¡Quítate del medio!” Él se retiró llorando. Cuando me acosté no podía conciliar el sueño. Fui a la cocina y me encontré a mi madre que me dijo: “Él te llevaba unas flores. Estaba detrás de ti calladito para darte la sorpresa...”. Me sentí mal, fui al cuarto de mi hijo, me arrodillé y le dije: “Hijo, siento mucho lo que pasó. No debí gritarte” Él contestó: “Está bien mami. Yo te quiero igual… ”
Te invito a reflexionar. A veces somos muy educados con nuestros compañeros de trabajo, o con los vecinos, pero en el hogar, nos violentamos, perdemos la paciencia muy pronto o descuidamos los gestos de afecto. Nada que el dicho “candil de la calle y oscuridad de la casa” en ocasiones es como el vestido que nos queda pintado. Reflexionemos y seamos candil también en nuestras casas.

Oración: Gracias Señor, por nuestra familia. Ayúdanos a entender y apreciar su valor en nuestras vidas. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment