Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tuesday, May 6 1 SAMUEL 3:1-10

Tuesday, May 6
GOD SPEAKS TO ME

1 SAMUEL 3:1-10

“Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening.”
1 Samuel 3:9

I had stopped going to church for a while and this worried me.  I had been raised in a Christian family and my mother had taught me to love the Lord. I knew the healing balm that restores us when Christians gather together for worship. I felt unhappy but I was unable to fill myself with the will to return to the Church. One Sunday morning, I awoke sensing a voice telling me:  “Get up, prepare yourself, and come to my house of worship.” I had no doubt that the Lord was speaking to me.  I said: “Thank you, Lord,” and accepted his invitation.  It was a marvelous experience. Since that day I have not missed a single Sunday in church, and my spirit has grown, by the hand of God.

We often feel discouraged and believe that we are not able to hear God’s call to us. There is always a new opportunity. Today, let us give some thought to how we can willingly listen for God’s voice and do his will.


Prayer: God of love, thank you for your voice which calls each time to draw nearer to you. Help us to always listen and follow you. Amen.

 DIOS ME HABLA
1 SAMUEL 3:1-10
“Habla, que tu siervo escucha”
1 Samuel 3:9
Dejé de ir a la iglesia por un tiempo y esto me preocupaba. Había sido criado en una familia cristiana y mi madre me enseñó a amar al Señor. Yo conocía el bálsamo sanador que nos restaura cuando los cristianos adoramos juntos. Me sentía infeliz, pero no lograba llenarme de voluntad para volver a la Iglesia. Un domingo por la mañana, desperté sintiendo una voz que me decía: “Levántate, prepárate y ven a mi casa de adoración”. No tuve duda de que el Señor me hablaba. Le dije: “Gracias  Señor”, y acepté su invitación.  Fue una experiencia maravillosa. Desde ese día no he dejado de ir a la Iglesia un solo domingo, y he crecido en espíritu, de la mano de Dios. A menudo nos sentimos desanimados y creemos que no somos capaces de escuchar el llamado que nos hace Dios. Siempre hay una nueva oportunidad. Hoy, pensemos cómo disponer nuestro ser para escuchar la voz de Dios y hacer su voluntad.

Oración: Dios de amor, gracias por tu voz que nos llama a estar cada vez más cerca de ti. Permítenos siempre escucharte y seguirte. Amén.















No comments:

Post a Comment