Saturday, May 17, 2014

Saturday, May 17 LUKE 15:11-32

Saturday, May 17
IN THE PRIVACY OF OUR FAMILY HOME 
LUKE 15:11-32

“On what are you basing this confidence of yours?”
Isaiah 36:4

We sometimes waste precious moments seeking afar for things we have close at hand. We seek outside of our families for people to love and understand us while ignoring those who are near and dear to us. If there is something that I truly value and love and for which I live in gratitude to God, it is for my family. Especially for my parents and my sister.  They are the most precious gift that God has given me.  They have sustained me in those moments when life’s hard knocks have left me in ruins. Every day I appreciate more and more the moments that I spend with them: our intimate conversations; a movie we watch together; going out shopping; meeting to share a meal… It also causes me pain when I hurt or harm them, even without having meant to. Words laden with anger at vulnerable moments are wounding. But family is a very important thing.  If you don’t devote time to your loved ones, you are an incomplete human being.  I invite you today to do something special for those you love.


Prayer: Thank you, Lord, for our families, that source of protection and trust that you have given us in order to grow and mature as people.  Thank you because it is at my family’s breast that I began to know you, the Father who never forsakes His children. Amen.


LUCAS  15:11-32
“¿En qué te apoyas que te sientes tan confiado?”
Isaías 36:4
A veces perdemos un tiempo valioso buscando afuera las cosas que tenemos cerca. Buscamos personas que nos amen y nos entiendan en el exterior, sin advertir que las tenemos cerca de nosotros. Si hay algo que valoro, amo y por lo que vivo agradecido de Dios es por mi familia. Sobre todo mis padres y mi hermana. Son el regalo más bello que Dios me ha dado. Mi sostén en momentos en que los golpes de la vida me han destrozado. Cada día aprecio más los momentos que paso con ellos: las conversaciones íntimas, ver una película juntos, salir de compras, reunirnos para comer… También me causa dolor cuando los hiero o lastimo, aún sin proponérmelo. Las palabras cargadas de ira en momentos de vulnerabilidad, laceran. Pero la familia es algo muy importante. Quien no dedica tiempo a sus seres queridos es un ser incompleto. Te hago una invitación en este día para que hagas algo especial por la gente que amas.
Oración: Gracias Señor, por la familia, ese fuente de protección y confianza que tú nos has dado para poder crecer y madurar como personas. Gracias porque en su seno comencé a conocerte a ti, el Padre que nunca abandona. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment