Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thursday, May 8 PSALM 16


Thursday, May 8
PRAYER

PSALM 16

“I have set the Lord always before me.”
Psalm 16:8

When my daughter first began to swim she would lift her head up out of the water like a puppy. It was difficult for her to coordinate her breathing with the movement of her arms. She would lift her head, take a deep breath, and then put her face underwater again. Soon afterwards, in desperation, she would have to stop to breathe.

Watching her, I thought about the efforts I myself was making in order to survive each day with a single breath of prayer in the morning, since I felt exhausted before the end of the day. 

Stretching out my moments of prayer in the morning was not the solution.

My daughter finally learned to swim and I finally learned to calmly lift my thoughts to God throughout the day.

Each of us was able to mature in our efforts when we learned the secret of those little details that help us to advance in life. 


Prayer: Heavenly Father, help me to live with you and for you, so that each task may be a prayer that is lifted in the name of your Son Jesus Christ. Amen.

LA ORACIÓN

SALMO 16

“Siempre tengo presente al Señor”
Salmo 16:8
Cuando mi hija empezó a nadar levantaba la cabeza como un perrito. Se  le hacía difícil coordinar la respiración y el movimiento de los brazos. Levantaba su cabeza, respiraba profundo y ponía de nuevo su cara en el agua. Luego desesperada, se detenía para respirar.

Al verla, pensaba en los esfuerzos que yo misma hacía para sobrevivir cada día con un solo respiro de oración por la mañana, pues antes que el día terminara me sentía agotada.

El prolongar los momentos de oración por las mañanas no era la solución.

Al fin mi hija aprendió a nadar y yo aprendí a elevar mis pensamientos a Dios tranquilamente durante el día.

Las dos supimos madurar en nuestros esfuerzos cuando aprendimos el secreto de esos detalles pequeños que nos ayudan a avanzar en la vida.



Oración: Padre Celestial, ayúdame a vivir contigo y para ti, para que cada tarea sea una plegaria que se eleva en el nombre de Tu Hijo Jesucristo, amén. 

No comments:

Post a Comment