Saturday, June 18, 2016

Saturday, June 18
THE FATHER'S LAST WILL
LUKE 15:18-19

“I am no longer worthy to be called your son.”
Luke 15:19

A youth in a moneyed family, due to his terrible conduct, finally exhausted the patience of his father who decided to stop supporting him. The young man left the house and became more and more enmeshed in dissolution and sin.

One day, when he had no more money, he decided to break in and rob his father’s house, telling himself, “After all, what I’m doing isn’t that bad since my father ought to be taking care of me. I’m only taking what is mine.” In opening the safe, he found his father’s will and began to read it. To his surprise, he saw that together with his brothers he would be inheriting a part equal to that of all the others. The father he had offended had included him in his will. He was shocked and said, “My father loves me and still recognizes me as his son.”
           
If you think that God no longer loves you because of the mistakes you have made throughout the days of your life, then you are wrong.  Without doubt, God hates the sin but loves the sinner.
           
God is waiting for your sincere repentance to give you the glorious inheritance which He has promised you.

Prayer: Pardon my failures, my good Savior. When I return to you after having done wrong, receive me and forgive me. Help me to walk with humility the road of reconciliation. By your mercy,  Amen.

            Translated by John Potter

EL TESTAMENTO DEL PADRE
LUCAS 15:18-19

“Ya no soy digno de ser llamado tu hijo”
Lucas 15:19

Un joven de una familia adinerada acabó, debido a su lamentable conducta, por agotar la paciencia del padre, quien decidió dejar de sustentarlo. El muchacho abandonó la casa y fue cayendo cada vez más bajo en el desorden y el pecado.
Un día, como ya no tenía dinero, decidió entrar a robar en casa del padre y se decía: “Después de todo no hago tan mal, pues mi padre debía cuidar de mí. Sólo me estoy llevando lo que me pertenece.” Al abrir la caja fuerte encontró el testamento de su padre y se dispuso a leerlo. Para su sorpresa, vio, que al igual que sus hermanos, era él heredero de una parte igual que la de todos los demás. Ese padre, a quien él había ofendido, lo había inscrito en su testamento. Entonces se conmovió y dijo: “Mi padre me ama y me reconoce todavía como su hijo.”

Si usted piensa que Dios ya no lo ama por los errores que ha cometido a lo largo de su vida, pues se equivoca. Sin dudas, Dios rechaza el pecado, pero ama al pecador.
Dios está esperando su sincero arrepentimiento para darle la herencia gloriosa que le ha prometido.

Oración: Perdona mis faltas, mi buen Señor. Recíbeme de regreso cuando me haya equivocado y dame tu perdón. Ayúdame a atravesar con humildad el camino de la reconciliación. Por tu misericordia. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment