Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Wednesday, June 15 HE LOVES ME PSALM 23:1-3

Wednesday, June 15
HE LOVES ME
PSALM 23:1-3
 “This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.”
1 John 3:16

Jesus loves me as I am. He searches for me, a sheep unable to find the sheepfold on my own. He relies on me, and I am important to him. He has taken so much interest in me that he came to save me.  From my birth, minute by minute, Jesus has loved me. He fills me with every kind of goodness, waits for my love, searches for me, and calls me by my name which he knows so well. In my rebellious moments when everything goes wrong in my life and I make the mistake of not talking with him about it, he is patient and he waits.

Despite all, he is always perfectly faithful. At times I forget his presence, act contrary to his will and am incapable of returning his love. But in spite of everything, without letting a day go by, he loves me. There are days in which our great weaknesses win the battle, but even on those days God does not stop loving us. Certainly this sort of love is very difficult for us to understand, because in our lives there are many things which mediate our affections: closeness, gratitude, and relationships, to say nothing of the negatives: self-interest, flattery, fanaticism. Even the act of living out a passionate romantic love can be marked by selfishness and violence.

Just so, God has given us love and taught us to love according to the example of Jesus, but we are not able to respond to such love. We fall so short of such a divine example! But we must not lose heart; God has promised to be with us forever; therefore, let us pray that he will grow in us a love like that of Jesus, his only Son.
           
Prayer: Thank you, Jesus for loving me. Always and in every circumstance, you love me. Thank you. Amen.       

Translated by John Potter

ÉL ME AMA
SALMO 23:1-3
 “En esto hemos conocido el amor,
en que él puso su vida por nosotros”
1 Juan 3:16

Jesús me ama como soy. Me busca a mí, oveja incapaz de encontrar por mí misma el redil. Él cuenta conmigo y soy importante para él. Se ha interesado en mí lo suficiente para que viniese a salvarme. Desde mi nacimiento, minuto tras minuto, Jesús me ama. Me colma con toda clase de bienes, espera mi amor, me busca, me llama por mi nombre, el cual conoce muy bien. En mis momentos de rebeldía, cuando todo sale mal en el plano humano y cometo el error de no hablarle de ello, él es paciente, espera.
A pesar de todo él siempre es perfectamente fiel. A veces me olvido de su compañía, actúo en contra de su voluntad y soy incapaz de devolverle su amor. Pero pese a todo, sin dejar pasar un día, él me ama. Hay días en los cuales nuestros mayores defectos, una vez más, ganan la batalla. Pero incluso en esos días, Dios no deja de amarnos.
Por supuesto que este tipo de amor es muy difícil de ser comprendido por nosotros, pues en nuestra vida hay muchas cosas que median los afectos: la cercanía, el agradecimiento, la consanguineidad… sin descartar aspectos muy negativos como el interés, la adulonería, el fanatismo. Incluso el hecho de vivir un apasionado amor romántico puede estar marcado por el egoísmo o la violencia. `Es así: Dios nos ha entregado amor y nos ha enseñado a amar a través del ejemplo de Jesús, sin embargo nosotros no podemos responder a tal amor. ¡Mucho nos falta para alcanzar tan sublime ejemplo! Pero no nos desanimemos, Dios ha prometido acompañarnos por siempre, así que pidámosle que haga crecer en nosotros un amor como el de Jesús, su único hijo.

Oración. Gracias Jesús, por amarme. En todo tiempo y circunstancia tú me amas. Gracias.  Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment