Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Wednesday, November 16 IF YOU FALL, GET UP PROVERBS 24:16-18

Wednesday, November 16  
IF YOU FALL, GET UP
PROVERBS 24:16-18

For though the righteous fall seven times
they rise again, but the wicked stumble when calamity strikes.
                                                                                                                               Proverbs 24:16a

   
I still remember the first time my older brother taught me how to ride a bike. They’d bought it for me the night before. It was blue. I’d gotten up at six in the morning that day to learn how to get on it. My brother took the seat and began to push me, running at my side, giving me the security that nothing would happen. We did various turns and each time I was becoming more self-assured by practice.  During one of these times, without my noticing, my brother let go. I pedaled a few meters before realizing I was riding on my own. As soon as I caught on, I lost my balance, and crashed on a neighbor’s sidewalk. It was my first bicycle fall, one I’ll never forget. It was a hard blow, but my desire to be able to ride made me attempt it many more times. I fell innumerable times, but all the hours I enjoyed myself on it were incredible. My bicycle was my companion during my childhood and youth.

I ask myself what would have happened if I had decided not to attempt it ever again after the first time I’d fallen. I believe my childhood and youth wouldn’t have been the same; I wouldn’t have experienced adventures that have remained amazing in my mind forever.

We will always be confronted with different falls, with painful moments that will try to keep us from ever trying again. Because the pain of some falls is so deep that many times our minds avoid trying again.  

If you have experienced hard falls, pains, if your strength has left you and you believe it’s not worth the trouble to try again because of the fear of injuring yourself, I say this: Get up again! You’ll fall many times, you’ll get bruised, and it’ll hurt. But get up, as many times as is necessary, because God will not abandon you.

Prayer:  Thank you, Father, for your constant care, for your displays of love for us. Today we ask that you stay at our side at each misstep we make. Help us to get up. Amen.

Translated by John Walter
    
SI CAES, LEVÁNTATE
PROVERBIOS 24:16-18

Porque siete veces cae el justo, y vuelve a levantarse…

Proverbios 24:16a

Aun recuerdo la primera vez que mi hermano mayor me enseñó a manejar la bicicleta. Me la habían comprado la noche anterior. Era azul. Yo me había levantado a las seis de la mañana de ese día para aprender a montarla. Mi hermano tomó el asiento y comenzó a impulsarme, a correr a la par mía dándome la seguridad de que no me pasaría nada. Dimos varias vueltas y cada vez iba tomando más práctica. En una de esas sin percatarme mi hermano me soltó. Pedaleé unos cuantos metros antes de darme cuenta de que iba solo. Cundo me di cuenta perdí todo el equilibrio y fui a parar a la acera de un vecino.
Fue mi primera caída en bicicleta, la cual nunca olvidaré.  Fue un golpe duro. Pero mi deseo de  poder montar hizo que lo intentara muchas veces más. Me caí en innumerables  ocasiones, pero todas las horas que disfruté sobre ella fueron increíbles. Mi bicicleta fue mi compañera durante mi niñez y juventud.
Me pregunto qué hubiera pasado si la primera vez que me caí hubiera decidido no intentarlo nunca más. Creo que mi infancia y juventud no hubieran sido igual, no hubiese experimentado aventuras que quedaron plasmadas en mi mente para siempre.
Siempre nos enfrentaremos con diferentes caídas, con momentos dolorosos que querrán obligarnos a no intentarlo nunca más. Y es que el dolor de algunas caídas es tan profundo que nuestra mente muchas veces  evita  volverlo a intentar.
Si has experimentado caídas fuertes, dolorosas, si las fuerzas se te han ido y crees que no vale la pena volverlo a intentar por miedo de lastimarte te digo: ¡Levántate! ¡Inténtalo otra vez! Caerás muchas veces, te golpearás, te dolerá. Pero levántate cuantas veces sea necesario. Porque Dios no te dejará solo.

Oración: Gracias Padre, por tus constantes cuidados, por tus muestras de amor para con nosotros. Hoy te pedimos que te mantengas a nuestro lado en cada mal paso que demos, ayudándonos a levantar. Amén.



No comments:

Post a Comment