Sunday, August 27, 2017

Sunday, August 27 WE HAVE TO ALWAYS TRUST GOD Isaiah 26:1-6

Sunday, August 27
WE HAVE TO ALWAYS TRUST GOD
ISAIAH 26:1-6

Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal. (NIV)

Isaiah 26:4

When I was a teen I went fishing with a friend and got in the boat. My friend must have clearly seen my fear, because he asked: “Don’t you trust me?” I replied: “I trust you, but not the boat or the water.” The boat rocked a lot. I was so scared I didn’t catch anything, but my friend had a good time.

I was afraid, and fear paralyzed me. I couldn’t enjoy the outing.

Every time I tell someone: “You have to trust God more” I think of that episode as a great burden on my conscience and ask myself: “And me? Am I really trusting more in God or myself?” And I think of the image of the boat and that of Peter sinking in the water because he trusted himself more than Jesus’ words.

Through Isaiah, God invites us to always trust Him. I know, from my experience in the boat, that many times in life we are paralyzed with fear because we don’t trust God. Now I know: I can trust God. He will guide my life. He will be over me to protect me, under me to support me, and beside me to accompany me. I know this because I have had many experiences in which He has shown me that this is so. I still have not gotten into a boat, but I am sure that if I try it again, He will help me have a great time and catch some fish.

Prayer: Help me, Lord, to overcome my fears by trusting more in You. Amen.

Translation: George Meek



TENEMOS QUE CONFIAR EN DIOS SIEMPRE
ISAIAS 26:1-6

Confíen siempre en el Señor, porque él es refugio eterno.

Isaías 26:4

De adolescente salí a pescar con un amigo y me subí al bote. Debía de notárseme mucho el miedo pues mi amigo preguntó: “¿No confías en mí?” le contesté: “En ti sí, pero ni en el bote ni en el agua”. El bote se movía mucho. De tanto miedo no pesqué nada, mientras mi amigo disfrutaba del momento.

Tuve miedo, y el miedo me paralizó. No me permitió disfrutar de ese día.

Cada vez que le digo a alguien: “Tienes que confiar más en Dios” me viene a la mente aquel episodio como un gran cargo de conciencia y me pregunto: “¿Y yo? ¿Estoy realmente confiando en Dios o más en mí mismo?” Y me viene la imagen del bote y la de Pedro hundiéndose en el agua porque confiaba más en él que en las palabras de Jesús.

Dios nos invita a través de Isaías a confiar siempre en Él. Yo sé, por mi experiencia del bote, que hay muchos momentos en la vida en los cuales, por no confiar en Dios, nos paralizamos, nos llenamos de angustia y nos invade el temor. Ahora lo sé: puedo confiar en Dios. Él me va a guiar en la vida. Va a estar sobre mí para protegerme, debajo de mí para sostenerme y al lado mío para acompañarme. Lo sé porque he pasado por muchas experiencias en las que Él me demostró que así es. Todavía no volví a subirme a un bote; pero seguro, si alguna vez me animo, Él me dará la posibilidad de disfrutar de un gran día, y pescar algo.

Oración: Ayúdame Señor, a enfrentar mis miedos confiando más en ti. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment