Thursday, October 26, 2017

Thursday, October 26 THE GOLDEN RULE Matthew 7: 1-29

Thursday, October 26
THE GOLDEN RULE
MATTHEW 7: 1-29

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you,
for this sums up the Law and the Prophets. (NIV)

Matthew 7:12

One day a pastor invited me to visit an elderly woman who was in the hospital dying from cancer. This woman was important to me because I had known her since childhood and it was hard for me to see her in that situation.

I responded evasively to the pastor’s invitation and tried to decline it, but he said to me: “If you were the patient, wouldn’t you like to be visited?” I of course went to the hospital, I saw the old woman, and I shared her pain.

That experience left an indelible impression on me. When I’m reluctant to do something for someone I always think: what if I were in that situation? That helps me resolve to do what I must do.

We love to make recommendations to others, to pray for the sick, but what an effort it is for us to spend a night in the hospital! We like to pray for those who don’t have anything to eat, but it’s hard for us to share our food. We don’t show the love of God by words. As you would have others do to you, do to them. That’s not just any rule, it’s the GOLDEN RULE.

Prayer: Our God, help us to follow the golden rule every moment of our lives. May our words and prayers be inspired by Your love! Amen.

Translation by George Meek


LA REGLA DE ORO
MATEO  7: 1-29

Así que, todas las cosas que queráis que los hombres
hagan con vosotros, así también haced vosotros con ellos;
porque esto es la ley y los profetas.

Mateo 7:12

Un día un pastor me invitó a visitar a una persona anciana que estaba en el hospital muriendo con cáncer. Esa anciana era muy importante para mí ya que había estado relacionado con ella desde mi niñez y realmente se me hacía muy difícil verla en la situación que estaba.

Respondí a la invitación del pastor con evasivas, traté de declinar la invitación, pero el pastor me dijo: ¿Si fueras tú el enfermo te gustaría que te visitaran? Por supuesto que fui al hospital, vi a la anciana y la acompañé en su dolor.

Esa experiencia me ha marcado para siempre, cuando dudo en hacer algo por alguien siempre pienso ¿si fuera yo el de la situación? Y eso me ayuda a comprometerme en lo que debo hacer.

Nos gusta mucho recomendar, orar por los enfermos, pero ¡qué trabajo nos da pasar una noche en el hospital! Nos gusta orar por los que no tienen que comer,  pero nos duele compartir los alimentos. No es con palabras que demostramos el amor de Dios, al igual que te gusta que los demás hagan por ti, haz por los demás, esa no es cualquier regla, es la REGLA DE ORO.

Oración: Dios nuestro, ayúdanos a practicar la regla de oro en cada minuto de nuestra existencia. ¡Que nuestras palabras y nuestras oraciones sean movidas por tu amor! Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment