Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Tuesday, October 10 Presbytery conventions, the Shout from Yara THE BEST TEACHER Matthew 5:43-48

Tuesday, October 10
Presbytery conventions, the Shout from Yara


THE BEST TEACHER
MATTHEW 5:43-48

Be perfect, therefore as your heavenly father is perfect.   (NIV)

Matthew 5:48

Walking through the hectic streets of the city
I searched for an instructor to teach me
the way of the truth.
But it seemed my search was in vain,
since I found sound counsel in none of them.
The intellectual told me:
Learn from me and wise you will be;
you see how I command languages
and mathematical problems.
But I noted in him a lack of humility
and understanding born of truth;
then I said to him:
No, you are not my teacher.
In mid street, I heard a religious man speaking,
and I thought: Behold, a pious man;
but I noticed everything was facile pretension,
and he had no understanding of God.
Then I said to him:
No, you are not my teacher.
As evening approached, and tired from my journey
I sat and wept for my destiny.
But in those moments
I heard the sweet voice of Jesus, the Nazarene,
who with wisdom and love showed me God himself.
And then I said to him:
Yes, you are my teacher.

                                                                                                                     Jorge Álvaro Reyes

Prayer: Thank you my good God for showing me really who you are and how I should follow you. Amen.

Translation by John Walter

Convenciones Presbiterales. Grito de Yara

EL MEJOR MAESTRO
MATEO 5:43-48

Sed, pues, vosotros perfectos, como vuestro Padre
que está en los cielos es perfecto
Mateo 5:48

Caminando por las calles agitadas de la ciudad
busqué un maestro que me enseñara
el camino de la verdad.
Mas me pareció que mi búsqueda era en vano
pues en ninguno de ellos encontré consejo sano
El intelectual me dijo:
Aprende de mí y sabio serás,
ves como domino los idiomas
y de matemáticas los problemas
Más noté en él falta de humildad
y  comprensión dotados de razón;
entonces le dije:
No, tú no eres mi maestro
A media calle oí hablar al religioso
Y pensé: he aquí a un hombre piadoso
Más noté que todo era simple fingimiento
y de Dios no tenía ningún conocimiento
Entonces le dije:
No, tú no eres mi maestro
Al caer la tarde y cansado del camino,
Me senté y lloré por mi destino.
Mas en esos momentos
Oí la dulce voz de Jesús el Nazareno
Quien con sabiduría y amor me mostró al Dios pleno.
Entonces le dije:
Si, tú eres mi Maestro.
                                Jorge Álvaro Reyes


Oración: Gracias Dios bueno, por mostrarme realmente quién eres tú y cómo debo seguirte. Amén. 

No comments:

Post a Comment