Monday, August 6, 2018

Monday, August 6 BECAUSE HE LOVES US PROVERBS 3:11-12


Monday, August 6
BECAUSE HE LOVES US
PROVERBS 3:11-12

Those who spare the rod hate their children,
but those who love them are diligent to discipline them.
Proverbs 13:24
            Yesterday I saw the figure of my son against the wall. He had been punished once again. It almost broke my heart when I had to discipline him. I frequently ask myself if I am doing the right thing, if I have been too harsh or quick to react. But I am certain of one thing: I love my son deeply and I want him to grow up to be a responsible and secure person.
            God’s discipline has the same objectives. God administers discipline like a loving parent, with eyes on the future, with the objective of helping his children to become all that they can be. That means that he loves us. His intention is for us to share         in his holiness.
            Discipline is never enjoyable, neither for the one who applies it nor for the recipient. However, if we can understand correction as a sign of his genuine love for us, it will help us to change our conduct out of love for ourselves and for our beloved God.

Prayer: Beloved God, thank you for loving me enough to show me the way I ought to go, even though it be by means of your discipline. I ask you to not let me think of it as punishment, but as a loving reaction to wrong conduct. I want to be holy, but I can only achieve that with your help and your direction. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Translation by John Potter


PORQUE NOS AMA
PROVERBIOS 3:11-12

No corregir al hijo es no quererlo; amarlo es disciplinarlo
Proverbios 13:24

Ayer vi la figura de mi hijo contra la pared. Lo había vuelto a castigar una vez más. Casi se me rompe el corazón cuando tuve que disciplinarlo. Con frecuencia me pregunto si estoy haciendo lo correcto, si no he sido demasiado dura o rápida en reaccionar. Pero de una cosa estoy segura: amo a mi hijo profundamente y quiero que crezca convertido en una persona responsable y segura.

La disciplina de Dios tiene los mismos objetivos. Él la administra como un progenitor amoroso, con miras al futuro, con el objetivo de ayudar a sus hijos e hijas para que se convierta en todo lo que pueda llegar a ser. Esto significa que Él nos ama. Su propósito es que podamos compartir su santidad. La disciplina nunca es algo que se disfrute ni por parte de quien la aplica ni por quien la recibe. Sin embargo, si consideramos la corrección como señal de su genuino amor por nosotros, nos ayudará a cambiar nuestras conductas por amor a nosotros mismos y a nuestro amado Dios.

Oración: Amado Dios, gracias por amarme lo suficiente como para mostrarme el camino por el que debo caminar, aunque sea por medio de tu disciplina. te ruego que me alientes a no pensar que se trata de un castigo, sino de la amorosa reacción hacia una conducta incorrecta. Quiero ser santa y solo puedo lograrlo con tu ayuda y tu dirección. Te lo pido en nombre de Jesús. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment