Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Wednesday, August 15 GOD IS WITH US PSALM 46:1-7


Wednesday, August 15
GOD IS WITH US
PSALM 46:1-7

God is our refuge and strength… (NIV)
Psalm 46:1

In my Bible I wrote this phrase which I’d heard some time ago: “Remember in the darkness what you learned in the light,” which is equivalent to “Remember in sad moments the glad moments that God gave you.”

I can assure you that the practice of this recommendation has greatly helped me; and furthermore, has served to remind me that I should give thanks to God for a happy past, for the tests and sadness of yesterday and of today which have molded my character, and for a future that I don’t know, but that in the hands of the Lord will always be the best for me.

If today you are experiencing sadness and pain, raise to God a hymn of gratitude for those that you know. It doesn’t matter whether you intone it well or badly; and remember some or a few moments in which he has filled you with happiness. The calm will return to you because God is with us. Those of us who have sensed the power and the joy of the Lord in our lives cannot forget these experiences, although we pass through difficult moments. In this and always we recognize that God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

Prayer: Gracious and faithful God, make of this burden, which seems to me a heavy cross, a motive to feel your company on my journey. Thank you. Amen. 

Translation by John Walter

DIOS ESTÁ CON NOSOTROS
SALMO 46:1-7

Dios es nuestro amparo y fortaleza…
Salmo 46:1

Escribí en mi Biblia esta frase que leí hace algún tiempo: “Recuerda en la oscuridad lo que aprendiste en la luz,” equivale a: “Recuerda en momentos tristes, los momentos felices que Dios te dio”.

Puedo asegurarles que la práctica de esta recomendación me ha ayudado mucho, y además me ha servido para recordarme que debo dar gracias a Dios por un pasado feliz, por las pruebas y tristezas de ayer y de hoy que han moldeado mi carácter, y por un futuro que no conozco, pero que, en las manos del Señor, será siempre lo mejor para mí.

Si vives hoy un día que te resulta triste, doloroso, eleva a Dios un himno de gratitud de los que conoces. No importa si entonas bien o mal, y recuerda algún o algunos momentos en los que Él te ha colmado de felicidad. La calma volverá a ti, porque Dios está con nosotros. Aquellos que hemos sentido el poder y el gozo del Señor en nuestras vidas, no podemos olvidarnos de estas experiencias, aunque atravesemos difíciles momentos. En este y en todo tiempo reconozcamos que: Dios es nuestro amparo y fortaleza, nuestro pronto auxilio en la tribulación.


Oración: Dios bueno y fiel, haz de esta carga que me parece una pesada cruz, un motivo para sentir tu compañía en el camino. Gracias. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment