Thursday, August 23, 2018

Thursday, August 23 Anniversary of the World Council of Churches A KNOCK MATTHEW 25:34-40


Thursday, August 23
Anniversary of the World Council of Churches

A KNOCK
MATTHEW 25:34-40

Look!  I am standing at the door and knocking. 
Revelation 3:20 CEB

A few days ago, I had just started lunch when they advised me that someone was asking for me at the door.  I left my lunch waiting and went to find the person who was looking for me.  Seeing who it was, I confess that I was annoyed, because I recognized him as one of the people who asked for money to feed his alcohol addiction.  I said to him, a little annoyed: “Look, if you came to ask for money, I cannot offer you anything.”  The man looked at me and said to me very seriously: “Money? Who told you that I come to ask for money? I only want to know if you can help me with something to eat.” 

I confess that his answer filled me with shame.  Of course I helped him, but this experience made me reflect on the times we close our doors to the knock of God, with our constraints, our prejudices and our preconceived ideas.  In thee same way that we put up bars to guard our home and protect it from thieves, we put many bars between ourselves and God.  We should understand that when someone comes to our door to ask for help, it is God himself who is knocking.  Our lives should not be totally closed, because we might miss the possibilities for service to those in need.

Right now, God could be knocking at your door.  Remove from your heart the bars that you have put up and that impede finding someone very special to serve.

Prayer:  Oh, God, open my ears to hear your knock.  Amen.

Translation by Deborah McEachran

Aniversario del Consejo Mundial de Iglesias

UN TOQUE
MATEO 25:34-40

He aquí yo estoy a la puerta y llamo….
Apocalipsis 3:20

Hace algunos días me disponía a almorzar, cuando me avisaron que alguien preguntaba por mí en la puerta. Dejé pendiente mi almuerzo y me dispuse a encontrarme con la persona que me buscaba. Al ver su aspecto, confieso que me molesté, pues le reconocí como una de las personas que solicita dinero para alimentar su adicción al alcohol. Le dije un poco molesto: Mire, si usted viene a pedir dinero, yo no puedo ofrecerle nada”. El hombre me miró y me dijo muy serio: ¿Dinero? ¿Quién le dijo a usted que yo vengo a pedir dinero? ¿solo quiero saber si puede ayudarme con algo de comer?

Confieso que su respuesta me llenó de vergüenza. Por supuesto que le ayudé, pero esta experiencia me hizo reflexionar en las veces que cerramos nuestras puertas al toque de Dios, con nuestros apremios, nuestros prejuicios y preconceptos. Tal y como lo hacemos para asegurar nuestras casas y protegerlas de los ladrones, ponemos muchas rejas entre nosotros y Dios. Debemos entender que cuando alguien llama a nuestra puerta para pedir ayuda, es Dios mismo quien está llamando. Nuestras vidas no pueden estar totalmente cerradas, porque podemos dejar fuera las posibilidades de servir a quienes si lo requieren.

Ahora mismo Dios puede estar llamando a tu vida. Quita de tu corazón esas rejas que has puesto y que te impiden encontrarte con alguien tan especial para servirle.

Oración: Oh Dios, agudiza mis oídos para escuchar tu llamado. Amén




No comments:

Post a Comment