Monday, December 17, 2018

Monday, December 17 A LIVING TESTIMONY II CORINTHIANS 5: 17-20


Monday, December 17
A LIVING TESTIMONY
II CORINTHIANS 5: 17-20
                         
So then, if anyone is in Christ, that person is part of the new creation.
II Corinthians 5: 17ª CEB

I was married in 1952; as we know, in a very different social context from today.  When creating my new home, my greatest concern was always creating a Christian home.  I immediately had questions for God:  Lord, what do I have to do to achieve a Christian home?  Take my children to church every Sunday?  Worship every day at the family altar?  Teach them the Ten Commandments?  But God responded to me with very simple phrases:  Be a living witness to them.  Really I have always felt the presence of God in our midst. 
Today I opened the devotional “Su Voz” and in the meditation for the day, I was surprised to see:  “To be a Christian is the meaning of life.”  God was responding to me again. 

Prayer: Give me strength, my God, and the power to be useful to do your will.  May our lives be a reflection of your love among those around us.  May we be a living testimony of your presence in our homes and in each place where we happen to be.  Amen.


Translation by Deborah McEachran


UN TESTIMONIO VIVO
II CORINTIOS 5: 17-20
                         
De modo que si alguno está en Cristo, nueva criatura es…
II Corintios  5: 17a

Hube de contraer matrimonio en el año 52;  como sabemos, en un contexto social muy diferente al de hoy. Al formar un nuevo hogar mi mayor preocupación era que fuera siempre un hogar cristiano. Ante mí surgieron entonces interrogantes que inmediatamente elevé a Dios. ¿Señor,  qué tengo que hacer para lograrlo? ¿Llevar mis hijos a la Iglesia cada domingo? ¿Celebrar diariamente el altar familiar? ¿Enseñarles los Diez mandamientos? Pero Dios me respondió con frases muy sencillas: Sé tú un testimonio vivo para ellos. Realmente he sentido siempre la presencia de Dios en medio nuestro.

Hoy abro el devocionario “Su Voz” y en la meditación del día, y para mi sorpresa dice: “Ser cristiano es un sentido de vida”.  Dios me estaba nuevamente respondiendo.

Oración: Concédeme mi Dios,  el poder serte útil en el cumplimiento de tu voluntad. Que nuestra vida sea reflejo de tu amor entre los que nos rodean. Que podamos ser un testimonio vivo de tu presencia en nuestro hogar y en cada lugar donde nos encontremos. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment